Sign in to follow this  
thredz

Vinyl cuts with the cp2500

These are a couple of cuts I did last night with the cp2500.The silhouette of the Gritar Girl is on a piece of clear 3 mil plastic on my front screen door.The 59 finster is a 22" long cut on my closet door.60mms 60g's .25 offset.This cutter runs great!But,when you first run and,and hit the measure button.Don't set it on sheet if you have a 30 foot roll set up.It will measure the entire roll!Now,I always use the scroll.Just one of the differences in the two cutters.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks.My wife said everytime she looks out the door and sees her,she thinks someone is standing at the door.I've been working with signcut.It's really a very good program.I'm just going to have to work with it to find out how it all works.I've noticed no difference in the plots or cuts between flexisign and signcut.It's like photoshop and corel.You can achieve the same results with either,but they both have a different way of getting there.I also noticed in another post where you stated that you actually worked for the company.I guess if you call your "Bankers Hours" work,then you do work for the company.(hehehe)Thanks again.

At least your wife let you hang up the "artwork", that probably wouldn't fly in my house :o

There are some tutorial videos on the Signcut CD that can be helpful. I think it is a very good program too. Some people who are looking for an all-in-one package with full graphics capability are disappointed, but really you should be using a program like Corel Draw or Illustrator for your graphics anyway.

Yes the bankers hours are nice, but work is still work and we have lots of it here. If you lived out this way it would be great to work with you knowing how hardworking and knowledgeable you are about signmaking, and I'm pretty sure Marcus would agree.

My wife trys not to stiffle my creative talent,no matter how obscene it looks to her.I have many other plots I've done that I don't feel apropriate to post in the forum.I agree in the seperation of the graphics programs.Flexi is a good all in one program,but I still use photoshop to get the graphic the wat I want it before I go to flexi.I'll look at the tutorials and see if that helps me out.But I'm mostly a figure it out yourself kinda guy.It just seems to stick in my head better when I figure it out myself,than when I read the steps to apply.I know you only work 6 hours.But just think,one of the perks to working where you are is to spend more time enjoying the beatifull surroundings where you live!Here on the Texas High plains,about the only trees you see outside of a city are dead mesquite trees or tumble weeds.

Photoshop is a great program, although I've mostly used it for editing photographs.

You are right it is beautiful here if you can manager to get through the ridiculous rain and traffic to get up to the mountains or out to the water. Where you are is not so bad though. You are just a hop, skip, and jump away from Santa Fe or the beautiful Sangre De Cristo mountain range http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangre_de_Cristo_Mountains in Southern Colorado. The picture of my avatar was taken atop Blanca Peak 14,345 feet up. Besides hiking, skiing, and fishing some people say that area is frequented by UFO's so there is a little something for everyone!