I know it's been discussed before but can't find information now.  I have just had this cutter since September and now I have no light.  Any answers for that?  Can I buy just the light?  Is there a problem with the little ribbon cable going to it and if so, can I replace it or what?  I am so spoiled to having that little light, I'm lost without it.

Bonnie Williams

Kansas City, MO

I took (cut) the flatcable off and soldered thin wires from the top of the laser led to the carrige PCB on the cutterhead.

Take care of polarity.

Or you buy a new knife holder arm at US cutter shop and swap it.

Price was around 30 US$ if I am correct.

http://uscutterdirect.com/category/gogo_uscutter_parts/

I hope this helps.

If you bought the cutter direct (not off E-bay), your still under warranty/ Mine was out and they sent me a new one out right away. Swapped it in and it's working great.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin and Thank you CRD.  I'll be on the phone with them tomorrow.  I better not try the "Rewire" thing but if it were older I'd give it a try. 

Bonnie

O.K.  I recieved my new Laser light assembly (knife holder arm) today and I installed it and had the same problem.  No laser light.  Sooooo....I put on my REALLY big magnifying glasses and could see that the brown plug, that the white ribbon cable plugs into, was not making good connection.  I simply applied some presure and tried to make sure that the little wires were all touching where they were supposed to.  Turned on the cutter and Wallah....I had laser again.  Being a bit of a hardhead, I just had to check the original Knife Holder Arm, so I took the new one off and replaced the original one and Wallah.....I had laser light.  So, now I have an extra which probably isn't a bad idea. 

This is something I haven't seen on this board so, has anyone else ever had this happen?  The brown plug that the white ribbon cable plugs into comes loose from it's place.  It is very touchy and fragile.  It looks like it should have been soldered inplace but mine is not.  How about if I soldered it myself?  Anyone tried that?  It is so loose that I expect to have problems in the future and am trying to be ready for it. 

I have learned so much from this group.  Thanks to all.

Bonnie

B