Sign in to follow this  
isotel

Some Issues with new PCut

I got a new P-Cut in the other day. 

Some issues i am having.

1. The Detailed cuts on corners are not very accurate. I have my blade offset set and verified with a square box cut, but the detailed square corners on my logo are getting rounded off and look like poo. With a Ball Point pen installed it makes this logo on paper with nice sharp lines. I would like to Ditch the cheesy Blade and holder that came with my Cutter and upgrade to a nicer Holder& Blade with less play and less offset like a Graphtec Holder.  Has anyone upgraded to a different holder/blade?  the one listed on US cutters site looks to be better than the one i got with my cutter.

2. After it cuts it advances Forward and backward quickly and stops a few inches before where the initial cut started, I am Using Sign Cut X2, i want it to stop after the cut, so i can send more info to it without messing with it.

3. Near the Far right 4" of the cutter it tends to cut all the way through the vinyl, but everywhere elce it cuts just fine.

Other than that, its about what i expeced out of a cheep cutter ;D

This is the Holder that came with my Cutter,

blade_holder.jpg

Vs this is the one They sell on the US cutter site..

bladeholder_thumbnail.jpg

first I would check to make sure the cutting strip is seated in the groove - when I got my copam I ran a squeegee over it and that solved my issue that was similar

Uneven cut depths are usually caused by too much blade exposed and not enough pressure being used on the PCuts.

Problem 2

In SC X2 press F11 and set bottom setting to different values to see what happens.

Paco

Bottom Setting on F11 is Registration mark Size..

Maybe you where refering to the Cutter settings, Forward after Cutt, Rewind after cut..  Those settings where at 0.0, but changing them dose not seem to affect it at all..

Any insite on teh cutter blade holder?

Uneven cut depths are usually caused by too much blade exposed and not enough pressure being used on the PCuts.

What should the blade depth be? Credit Card Width is what i used on my Graphtec..

What should the blade depth be? Credit Card Width is what i used on my Graphtec..

That is standard for most cutters, yes. With the PCut however, I found that just the very tip of the blade should be exposed. I mean, you should have to squint to see the tip barely sticking out. Set the pressure on the cutter to at least 120 or higher, but not lower than 120.

Sorry for number 2 problem.

I meant all 4 bottom settings! :rolleyes:

The third from below ( I run dutch version so do not know english text) says translated "default distance copys/ segments". Try to change this to 0.

If you keep having problems submit a ticket at signcut.

Cheers, Paco