Sign in to follow this  
midwestgamecompany

New computer and MH721 wont work. Please Help ASAP

HI

I have the MH721 cutter.  I have used it no problems for about 3 months.  The other day my computer took a crap while i was cutting a project.  It wont even turn on anymore.  I got a new Computer today and now when I hook up the cutter it does not even recognize that I hooked something up.  I dont have my disks so I downloaded the driver from the US Cutter site.  When I try to install it, it says driver install failure.  I am running Windows Vista 64 bit.  Please help me I have many projects due today.

Levi and Brandon should be along in a few hours. Vista can be tricky.

Guest fivestar

I am running Windows Vista 64 bit.

I'd say that's where your problem is, I'm just guessing but it's a pretty educated guess ;D

Guest fivestar

i dont doubt that.  unfortunately i cant find a new pc with any older operating system.

It's the 64bit part that is going to be your problem I'd guess.  Alot of 32 bit software won't run on 64 bit OS.

So, with your Device Manager opened up, you do not see it refresh when you plug the USB cable in? Once plugged in, look in the POrts category of your Device Manager.....anything listed in there?

Have you called in to support 1-888-298-8143 ... This could be a hardware issue, if the USB Serial port is not appearing in the device manager. Please try a different USB port on the back of your computer while watching the device manager for changes first. If that does not get it please try a different USB cable. If nothing still shows up please call me ... 1-888-298-8143 X113

-Brandon Davis

US Cutter