Sign in to follow this  
Benr98

Felt squeegee for applying printed vinyl...where do you get them?

I'm trying to see where I can find the best price on getting felt squeegees for jobs I sell with printed vinyl.

Anyone that can lead me in the right direction, would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenn

1 cheap squeegee+ a piece of felt+ 4 inches of banner hem tape. I have the felt.Come on up.Come to that, I have the squeegees too. Plenty of em.

lol...is there anything you don't have in that shop of yours?

Would you send a homemade one to your customers though?

He ain't got me there.....  ;D

They don't look home made. How hard is it to glue a bit of felt onto a squeegee and get it straight?

SW has the felt squeegees in 6" for less than $3. Felt only on one edge.

I'm just asking as I've NEVER had to deal with a felt squeegee.

Hey in your bag of tricks you wouldn't happen to have install instructions for applying printed vinyl would ya?

THANKS!  ;D

He ain't got me there.....  ;D

lol..........how true!!  ;D

Ohhhh this should work! THANKS.

Now how about those instructions?  ;D

I think we may be making a trip that way this summer to visit one of my g/f's friends. If you two are up for it I'd love to swing by.

Guest kenya

Jenny-  N. Glantz has them. They are called MacTac Felt Squeegee.

I have a print-out and will see if I can scan and send via email.

Thanks Vette & John!!

SURE BK, if you guys are in the area...we can BBQ!  ;D

Jenny-  N. Glantz has them. They are called MacTac Felt Squeegee.

I have a question in regards to N Glantz......I saw someone else had posted thier site, I went to it, cant see any product had to fill out a questionaire, ok did that, they called me on Monday, Someone named Kathy from the home office, said she would get the nearest location to me to call, Going to send me a catalog yadda yadda yadda.....hang up an hour later another Kathy calls she says she is from N Glantz in Maryland and I had called inquiring about sheet metal or something like that....I said no, I called about vinyl and supplies and Maryland is not the closest to me, it would be Norfolk Va, she says ok and then I ask her about prices of oracle vinyle and she says, well we have a catalog that was printed in 2006 so while you can see the product you will have to call for prices ;D She than stated that maybe she could send me the weekly price sheet as the prices change so much what with the economy the way it is and all........All I could think of was WOW......While I have read rave reviews from alot of people here about N Glantz, I'm thinking based on my conversations with both Kathy's I'm not going to be ordering from them anytime soon...lol. Is this common practice for this N Glantz place or was it just the two places I had talked to?? Mmmm, maybe it was too early on a monday for them?

Anyone??

Renee

I tried several times to use N. glantz here. They are actually in Chesapeake. I was not impressed one bit with the way I had to wait in their main area for about 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged my presence. I called a couple times after that to order stuff and then the next day i go to pick it up and nobody seemed to know anything about my orders. Needless to say i gave up on them. They do have a great catalog which covers just about everything though, pretty good reference guide.

I tried several times to use N. glantz here. They are actually in Chesapeake. I was not impressed one bit with the way I had to wait in their main area for about 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged my presence. I called a couple times after that to order stuff and then the next day i go to pick it up and nobody seemed to know anything about my orders. Needless to say i gave up on them. They do have a great catalog which covers just about everything though, pretty good reference guide.

Pretty much the same for the one in Dallas IMO.

Jon

Well thanks for that guys! I was afraid maybe it was just me...lol. I called fellers today and placed my 300.00 order, it will be here Saturday free shipping AND wow when I called they greeted me by name before I could even say anything.Impressed me to say the least, this was my 2nd order with fellers and they are so helpful and very knowledgable and well....just so damn happy to help you...lol. I'm sticking with them but its always good to have more than one supplier just in case!

Renee

Guest round2racing

I called Fellers a few times and the local area rep was so nice.

He asked me about my new business and had quite a few recommendations that were just great.

They sent a catalog and they are a little higher than some, but the fact that they have a warehouse in Illinois really close to me means I get one day delivery.

I am actually thinking about getting a color printer from them on a lease program, just to see if I like it.

Guest kenya

It's a shame that all the N. Glantz are not the same.

The Orlando branch is wonderful.

I call & get current prices & they are very friendly.

I even call them when I'm on my way there (2 1/2 hr. drive), place my order & everything is ready to load when I arrive. I write out a check & am out the door in minutes.

Maybe I'll let the higherup's know our concerns.  ;D

Felt Squeegees... I was talking to Karl about this and he says we are going to start carrying these very soon. They are essential for excellent application.

-Brandon