Sign in to follow this  
capross

Error initializing

I've tried everything suggested in previous posts, so please don't ask me if the baud rate and ports are matched up..

I have a refine mh721, windows xp, and I'm using the com port.  I tried to cut and got the "cannot open the output device error initializing cutter" dialog.  it just happened today, and it has been cutting for a few months.

I've switched com ports( tried all of them), everything is matched up in signblazer, the cutter, and the device manager(including the comm settings like flow control).  I've tried uninstalling the driver, I've tried using the usb, I've tried using the parallel port.  NOTHING works.  I'm getting real tired of the hassles of this thing, to be honest.  I need help before I smash it into bits...

try emailing Levi:

levih@uscutter.com

he ususally resonds to email,and knows his stuff.

Sooo what Com port is it running on? Have you tried the serial port? Try plugging your usb into a different port on your computer. This will change the com port assigned to the unit so you will need to go into the device manager to check the new com port and change the flow control over to hardware. Let me know how this goes.

Sooo what Com port is it running on? Have you tried the serial port? Try plugging your usb into a different port on your computer. This will change the com port assigned to the unit so you will need to go into the device manager to check the new com port and change the flow control over to hardware. Let me know how this goes.

It's on Com 1,tried the serial port, tried plugging the usb into several of my known as good ports.  I've changed the flow control when I swapped out too, but that didn't work either.

I did get it to work, but by reinstalling signblazer.  It worked for one session, then the same thing happened.  I really don't want to have to delete and reinstall the software everytime I need to use it..

How many 9-pin Serial ports do you have on the computer? If only one, then when using the Serial cable, it should be set to COM1, as long as that has notbeen modified in the Device Manager.

When using the USB cable, Windows will assign whichever COM port # is available at the time you plug the cable in. So, look in the Ports category of the Device Manager to find out which COM port # to select in SBE.

How many 9-pin Serial ports do you have on the computer? If only one, then when using the Serial cable, it should be set to COM1, as long as that has notbeen modified in the Device Manager.

When using the USB cable, Windows will assign whichever COM port # is available at the time you plug the cable in. So, look in the Ports category of the Device Manager to find out which COM port # to select in SBE.

I have just one serial port, one parallel port, and entirely too many usb ports.  I've set everything in the device manager and signblazer to match every time I changed cables, and I would still get the error.  I know enough about a pc to set up small networks, I've fixed other people's peripherals over the phone, I've even torn apart and rebuilt a few...  But this problem has made me it's love-slave. EVERYTHING I can think of, I've checked, and everything looks good.  Except that the stupid thing won't send to the cutter.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!