Sign in to follow this  
Misti J

Sign Blazer for dummies ** HELP **

hello.. I have been pulling my hair out for a week now trying to learn how to use this software.

I am not a graphic designer, i'm just someone who is trying to start my own business doing decorative

vinyl lettering, however i cant figure out the cutter PCUT CT630 or the SBE. I've given it a good try and just nothing. I got to a point yesterday where it looked like it would cut, the plotter made a sound and then you saw it tracing the letters on the preview, and nothing. Now today i cant even see the design or text on the plotter preview and it just says sending output to cutter and wont do a thing.

I sure hope there might be someone kind enough to help me out.

Thanks-

MJ

First let's determine if your cutter is communicating with the software.  Download the attached test.sbd.  Open it in Signblazer.  Click on the cutter button then click the Cut! button.  Click cut tile and see if the cutter tries to cut out the object.

test.SBD

test.SBD

hey Paco....

I tried, it doesn't do anything. It pops up the sending output to cutter and then goes away within a second. then nothing. like i said before, yesterday i could see the image or text i was trying to cut, it would actually trace the letters. Today, it's just a red rectangle tiny box.

also my LCD screen is blank. i have turned it off and then on and i dont know what's going on. YIKES!!!

Hi Misti ,

It sounds like the settings are not matched . Search communication/cable/ port settings . There are detailed explanations already typed . I would have to search in order to tell you  :thumbsup:

POGO, your awesome. I will do this in the AM, it's kinda late here and it's real work time tomorrow!!

I have saved this and i did look at it a bit and i really think it will help me!

Your a great person for helping us all out so much! Its people like you that make it a bit easier for computer challenged people like me succeed with my new business. The learning curve is the hardest part. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow!!!

Again, thanks POGO!!!

Misti

hey pogo...

ok so my HELP test did ok, it took me awhile. now i'm gonna try and do actual vinyl, i'll let you know.

do i really have to do the X/Y thing everytime i cut. I know that question sounds crazy, but it seems like a lot of work to just print out a quote ya know.

Wish me luck!

seriously it cant really be this hard. It's not working at all. when i turn the machine off and then back on (the plotter) now it's blank.

is there a return policy on this thing?

I'm not familiar with the PCut CT630.  You might want to call USCutter support and let them troubleshoot to make sure there is nothing wrong with the cutter.

How is your computer connected to the cutter?  Sounds like the same problem I was having.  I had tried to hook mine up with the serial cable because I have another cutter that was working and when USC helped me work thru mine we found the cutter had a problem with the serial port.  Brandon helped hook it up for the USB setup and now it works like a charm.  Hope this gives you something to work with. :rolleyes: