mr300s

Won my cutter

Won a Pcut for $ free shipping from US Cutters tonight.  So at least I know I got a good deal there.  I am going to order the oracal 651.  Do I have to order the 24" because that is what the machine is or can I order the 15" since I plan on doing small decals to start with?

Oh boy I am excited but nervous about the programs.  I am OK on the computer but I was lost when I tried to look at these programs and try to do a simple decal.  To put it mildly I was absolutely lost LOL....

I know another new idiot...

I am retired so this is a hobby for me right now anyway.  Hope I can master it..

15" is fine.  You adjust the pinch rollers to the size of vinyl you are cutting.

Thanks Pogo now if I can try to figure one of these programs out in the next month I may be able to cut something LOL

Guest Schramm

Man why didnt they just give that unit to you???  HAHA I guess they did!!!

:thumbsup:;D ;D :D

I won my CR6300FB a couple of years ago for $180 (Labor Day).

Order 24" goods and you'll quickly find use for them, and (as I found) just going to retail shops in your area of any kind you'll get some work ASAP to quickly pay off the investment made in the cutter and supplies.

I suggest RED, Black & White from N. Glantz (http://www.nglantz.com/) at about $12-$17 per 24" X 10 yard roll and an 8" roll of cheap $20 transfer tape.

And, whatever you do, stay away from that e-Bay stuff, it's all cheap "shelf paper".

Have fun, as you can see from my posts your earning potential is pretty limitless...

RG

Guest kenya

WooHoo...... another winner !!!

Yes, I also get my supplies from N. Glantz. There is one in Orlando & I get all my orders the next day.

I started out with 15" & have found that Oracal 651 is one of the best.

Read everything on this forum about the programs that you will be using. Also look on You Tube. Some pretty good videos there.

Congrats on your new hobby...... your going to be addicted to it.  :thumbsup:

Edit: pm replied.

I suggest RED, Black & White from N. Glantz (http://www.nglantz.com/) at about $12-$17 per 24" X 10 yard roll and an 8" roll of cheap $20 transfer tape.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link!! There is one not to horribly far from me. I have been trying to find someone somewhat local that supplies this stuff. :D

Another tip.

Get a roll of 24" butcher paper and get a hang of the cutter using the pen before you blow a bunch of money on bad vinyl cuts.

Once you recognize what you did on the paper then move on to the vinyl.

does N. Glantz offer a retail type atmosphere? there is one right by my flight school.

thanks!

does N. Glantz offer a retail type atmosphere? there is one right by my flight school.

thanks!

No, they have pretty good salesmen that will assist getting what you need however, and will also send you any samples you need ASAP.

I haven't been able to find a showroom anywhere in the LA or OC area, would be nice but I don't think anyone has one.

RG

guys how do you access the products, colors and prices on the website.?

Thanks

Sandy jo

Thanks

Sandy jo

Looks to me like you have to request info or call them. Kinda silly if you ask me but then again, what do I know.  :thumbsup:

Thanks

Sandy jo

Looks to me like you have to request info or call them. Kinda silly if you ask me but then again, what do I know.  :thumbsup:

The way it is folks, just ask them to load you up on samples and go to ORACAL.com for viewable color charts.

RG