Sign in to follow this  
Juliew

Any help for Newbie from GA?

Hi to all. I am not at all familiar with vinyl cutters and I want one. I have 3 retail gift shops and have 2 embroidery machines and a computerized engraver so I am hoping that learning to run a vinyl cutter will be somewhat similar to those. I am interested in cutting names and monograms to put on picture frames, cars, walls, wine glasses, etc.... I should  not need anything larger than 20-24" at most. I have NO IDEA where to start. What kind of machine should I buy, what about software, materials, etc...?  Should I start with a used machine or new? I have seen machines ranging from $300 to $3000 so I have no idea what I am going to need. Are they fairly easy to learn to run? I am eager to get this going, but clueless on where to start. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Julie :thumbsup:

Welcome,

If all you want to do is simple things like you mentioned you can use a PCut-630. It is a great cutter and will work great for what you want to do and so much more. The software is all personal preference and I believe you can get it all bundled together from US Cutter. Best of luck.

Dave