Sign in to follow this  
thredz

Plots done with a mechanical pencil

I did these plots with a mechanical pencil that I bought when I took commercial art at t.s.t.i. .I used the hard lead that had been in the pencil since 1989.I plotted them at 60ps with a 190g downforce.It's a little light,but it is a very nice effect on card stock.Looks hand drawn.And it layed right on top of the card stock.You can't see or feel any indention in the card stock.I also am putting up the cut I did with R2 about a month ago on the rt 66 logo.The only part it didn't catch was the front of the note.But that's where the start point was and I did'nt have the pencil set low enough.That's why they invented the pause button.This copam is definetly a great cutter!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks!I wish the pics came out a little better,but I never claimed to be a photographer.I think I'm going to  cut a 5 foot long Huey Helicopter silhouette and put it on an 8 foot banner tonight or tomorrow.We have a bell-textron plant here that works on them.I'm going to put it on top of my roof because our house is in the flight pattern.I've done a couple of small cuts with the copam,but nothing large.I'll try to post another crappt pic when I get it done.Thanks again.

Very nice work Billy...How are you geting that to work.. color in like that...?

Guest fivestar

I believe he uses Flexi to do it and checkmarks the "fill plot" button in cut/plot screen with .10 width I believe is his setting.  I tried it and could never get results like he gets, but he is a pro at it.

You're right on the .10 setting.When I set these to plot I have to do an auto trace,then fill in each area with the colors,then go to edit and seperate overlap,then I go to group and plot it.If you don't seperate the overlap by selecting all,you get black fills in some of the color areas.I also change the color posiition of the plot where the black is the last to run.That works out well if you have the colors seperated.It look s like crapola when you don't