Queenkutie

help with 1st banner

Hi everyone!  I would love and really need some help on a banner.  This is going to be the first banner that I have ever made and I will be getting paid for it! The catch is that the buyer gave me NO direction.  I realize that most people would love to just do whatever they wanted, but I'm not ready for that yet.  :thumbsup:  He said that he wants it to say "Philly Steaks and Hoagies"!  He doesn't care about the color, nor does he care if it has pictures.  It is going to be 2x7 and hang on the side of a food truck while he is working a festival.  I'm still working on my imagination soooo please give me any feedback whether good or bad and any suggestions for improvement are welcome/wanted!

Thank you in advance!

post-3942-12986537113673_thumb.jpg

post-3942-1298653712119_thumb.jpg

Guest stunad, jr.

that looks good on a white banner.  :thumbsup:

My only prob is the "k"  looks like an "r". 

Maybe it's the font.

I like it.. I would say keep it simple for whatever price. If the customer does not mind, do not add more work to your schedule than you have to. Just make sure you are comfortable with that going on your portfolio. That is the only thing I really care about! Well besides pleasing my customers...

Looks perfect to me.  Nice font choice, I wouldn't change a thing.  Like Cody said, I wouldn't spend too much time on it, if the customer isn't specifically requesting it.  It sounds like he wants it simple.  You'll have plenty of other opportunities for creativity.  When I was starting out, I had a tendency to overdo everything.  Sometimes simple is the best.

Guest fivestar

I don't know if red and black scream phillysteaks and hoagies to me though.  Maybe a different color combination, I dunno for sure.

Thank you everyone for your input!  I will post a picture of the completed banner once I am done!  Thank you again.  :thumbsup:

Here it is!  This is what the customer decided......

What size text did you use?Thanks

Guest kenya

Nice first banner.  :o

Your moving forward  ;D.