Sign in to follow this  
twicoin

How can I cut multiple names (all different)

I just got my new Copam 2500 last week and love it. I have only done limited things so far just to get the feel of a plotter. Something I have never used. Anyway, I have a job coming up that needs a different persons name on each one. These are just small plates that will be on a wall showing the peoples names that donated. There are about 100 different names.

I am using Corel 11 and would be sending to Signblazer to cut. I have all the names on a spread sheet and would import them to what ever program would work.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am also going to post in the Sign Blazer thread.

Thanks very much.

Terry

I completed a sign last week 4' x 6' w 125 names, customer sent me a excel file w/ all names, unfortunaley I could could get it import like  I wanted, so I retyped them all in Corel 12, I cut out 10 @ a time weed and mask & apply

worked out great, time consuming though..

hope this helps, sure it's not what you anted to hear though :), I hate to type

I would open the spreadsheet file in what ever program it was created in and "save as"  Text (tab deliminted)(*.txt) 

Import the resulting text file into CorelDraw.  It will import as Paragraph text.  Select the paragraph text, go to TEXT > Convert to Artistic Text.  Now, select the Artistic Text and go to ARRANGE > Break Artistic Text Apart.  Now you have all the names in CorelDraw, arrange them, size them, change the font, whatever you need to do.

I'm not sure what format SignBlazer uses but save the file in the proper format, open with SignBlazer and cut them out.

It really sounds harder than it is.  It sure beats typing all the names in again.  I'd much rather point and click than type.  Let someone else make the spelling errors.

You can import XLS files directly into CorelDraw but it is difficult to extract the text.  This method is much easier.

Hope that helps.