Sign in to follow this  
aries58

MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION

HOW TO DO STOREFRONT WINDOWS WET OR DRY?I DID ONE TODAY WET AND THE DARN VINYL  STAYED ON THE TRANSFER TAPE.WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

you either didn't squeegee enough or didn't wait long enough.

you either didn't squeegee enough or didn't wait long enough.

HOW long do you usually wait.I DID A BIG WINDOW DRY AND STILL WASN'T COMING OFF THE TAPE..

wet is the only way i put decals on glass.. but it suck waiting for it to dry a little bit..

Guest stunad, jr.

Make sure the window is CLEAN.

I mean, scrub it with a mixture of dawn dish soap and water get good bubbles.  

SCRUB IT.

Rinse it good with plain clean water, and rinse again.  

Dry it.  Spray with 90% isporopol alcohol and wipe it.  

Do it again with the alcohol.  Wipe it dry.  

Your decals should stick well weather you do your installation wet or dry.  Research the "hinge method"  if you are doing it dry.  

Make sure the window is CLEAN.

I mean, scrub it with a mixture of dawn dish soap and water get good bubbles.  

SCRUB IT.

Rinse it good with plain clean water, and rinse again.  

Dry it.  Spray with 90% isporopol alcohol and wipe it.  

Do it again with the alcohol.  Wipe it dry.  

Your decals should stick well weather you do your installation wet or dry.  Research the "hinge method"  if you are doing it dry.  

clean is the most important bit.

The storefronts we've done has always been done wet.

Did you spray the back of the app tape?

Did you spray the back of the app tape?No,just window,I cleaned it first the sprayed ..should spray have little bit detergent in it?

We spray the back with a little water or water/soap mixture or rapid tac, whatever we are using at the time, it helps release the app tape.

Guest kenya

I've always done store fronts dry using the hinged method, it's always worked great for me.

I have done them wet and dry. If i have a second set of hands and the graphics is pretty big, i do em dry. but if its just me i will do em wet, in case the wind blows it the wrong way and it sticks. so for me it depends on the job, but overall i prefer dry. Sounds like you needed to squeegee real good to get all that water out from UNDER the graphic then spray the app tape down and wait a few minutes to let it soak, then gently pull the tape off slowly laying it back onto itself.

New Moon Graphics

I have done them wet and dry. If i have a second set of hands and the graphics is pretty big, i do em dry. but if its just me i will do em wet, in case the wind blows it the wrong way and it sticks. so for me it depends on the job, but overall i prefer dry. Sounds like you needed to squeegee real good to get all that water out from UNDER the graphic then spray the app tape down and wait a few minutes to let it soak, then gently pull the tape off slowly laying it back onto itself.

New Moon Graphics

Thanks

Also something to think about is what are you using for app fluid? Just water,soap and water,commercial label fluid. If its your own fluid might have to much soap in it and it haveing trouble tacking up.

Did you spray the back of the app tape?

No

What was the ambient temperature or perhaps I should ask how cold was the window?

What was the ambient temperature or perhaps I should ask how cold was the window?

Well I don't carry a heat tester with me but I was sweating and pizza oven was in use insde..

What type od app fluid was you using

Water on one and other one dry..

I would recommend getting some Rapid Tac. Are you near Louisville?? If so N. Glantz & Son carries Rapid Tac for $30 per 1 Gallon. I picked up a bottle yesterday. After viewing several clips on youtube I decided to get the rapid tac. It seems to help a lot!! Ebay has Rapid Tac for $30 plus about $20 shipping. If you are close it might be cheaper to get it locally.

I recommend RapidTac 2 for cold weather application. The blue stuff.

rapidtac works great tryed the home brew did not work as good mask would not release with the home brew

+1 RapidTac (yellow/brown sweet smelling stuff)

Haven't tried the blue stuff yet but that will be on the next order fo' sho'