Sign in to follow this  
FlusteredFlamingo

RoboCraft or PCut?

Hi all,

I've been thinking of buying a RoboCraft to help me out in my greeting card business (cutting mostly paper), but I'm also interested in cutting some vinyl. I've never cut vinyl before. I'd be interested in doing car graphics/t-shirts. I've read that the RoboCraft will cut vinyl, but will the PCut cut paper? How about thin plastic for stencils?

I have seen in the forums that people are mostly thrilled with their PCut, so I started thinking maybe I would go with it instead.

Anyone have any advice on which would be better for me?

They will both cut vinyl and paper. 

Cutting vinyl you only cut through the vinyl and not the backing paper.

Cutting paper you cut all the way through the paper - so you have to use a carrier sheet to hold the cut pieces in place until you pull them off.  That applies to both machines.

Are you looking at the CraftRobo 2 or the CraftRobo Pro?

I think the blades for the CraftRobo are more expensive unless you change to a blade holder that uses the cheaper blades.

I don't have either of these machines - but there are lots of users on the forum - somebody will reply and help with your choice I'm sure.

-Mike

Thanks for the info, Mike.

I'm looking at the CraftRobo 2- the Pro is out of my price range at this point.

Forgot to say "Thank you!" to anyone who can offer advice in my original post. :o

I would get the Pcut.  For the extra capacity and the ability to use the less expensive blades.

-Mike

For anyone considering the RoboCut, the 'ACCU-BLADE Holder' replacement is well worth considering.

US Cuuetr sells a hobby cutter that has all of the features of the CraftRobo,but has a standard blade holder and uses SB software. The Software that comes with the CR is very limited. Unless it has changed,forget about importing .eps or any other type of standard file.

US Cuuetr sells a hobby cutter that has all of the features of the CraftRobo,but has a standard blade holder and uses SB software......

If you are referring to the Raindrop; US Cutter site states".....it includes a laser alignment system that will offer future contour cutting ability..." does it currently contour cut?

I have a CraftRobo in addition to the Copam. I agree the included software has limitations...however CutMaster or whatever it's called launches well from Corel X3 which enables cutting the various formats like EPS, AI, CDR, as examples....

Had the Raindrop been offered at the time I purchased the CraftROBO, I would have given it a serious look as it has some good attributes. I am not too keen on the grit feed with a single? roller for contour though.