Sign in to follow this  
th31

Help with sizing

I have sign blazer with copam 2500. when I try to cut a new sign It will cut the top of the letters off.  I believe this is a sizing issue but I can not figure it out.

Please help.

In the cutter window there is a setup button. Make sure that you vinyl is set the correct size.

Select your letters and make sure their size doesn't exceed the width or length of your vinyl also.

The vinyl is the correct size as well as the letters.  Also now the vinyl is going into the cutter crooked.  I have moved the hold downs to different spots but it does not help.

TRY THIS IT WORKED FOR ME: Align the rollers on the vinyl edges. Run the vinyl forward with blade up off vinyl. after you get 3 feet of vinyl, align the rollers on the edges again, also straighten your vinyl roll make sure it's straight, now finally back the vinyl back out. your roll should now be straight and rolling evenly.

Double check your cutter setup.  Use the measurement number shown in the LCD - toggle SBE to MM (top left corner inch/mm toggles) and enter this into the cutter setup window - I don't know how new at this you are - but, you can't set 15" as cutting width just because you load 15" vinyl - the pinch rollers take up some width, so use the number that pops up when you hit enter on the control panel.

It wasn't obvious to me when I first got my cutter, but you can use the marks on the alignment strips - clear one on top and blue one along front.  align the edge so it hits corresponding marks on both strips.  I also pull the vinyl pretty far through and fiddle with the roller so it is coming straight off at this point.  Lock down the pinch rollers and hit enter on the cutter control panel.  Watch how it rides when the cutter measures the width and then feeds back to find the front of the vinyl - if it wanders off the mark do it over.

On rolls that have perforations along edge you can use the perfs to line it up a little more accurately - just match corresponding perfs to the edge of the alignment strips.  Usually you get it the first time this way.

Hope this is helpful

-Mike