Sign in to follow this  
muddywaterpirate

Best vinyl to use?

I've seen a lot of talk about different name brands or types of vinyl.  What is everyone's opinion on what the best vinyl is, and why?  Is there a certain vinyl that is better for some things over others?  Most of what I want to use it for outdoor, vehicle vinyl for windows, fiberglass boats, and car metal.

Well, the noob here will be quick to chime in about how much he's liking Oracal 651.

Before I placed my first order I did a LOT of lurking and 651 showed up more than any other brand/type. I figured I'd "roll with the flow" since so many people seemed so happy with it. Thus far I have to say, I'm happy with it, too!

I've done a bunch of (car) window decals, logo/labeled the transport crates for my production company and have banged out a few other odd projects with no issues at all. With my heat press on the way I'm planning on checking out thermal-transfer vinyls next (being especially interested in UV-reactive for a dance/Rave we're producing in June).

Good luck with your projects!

ABout 90% of the vinyl we use is Shinerite from Fellers. Its super shiny weeds and cuts just like Oracal 651. Never had a probelm in 4 years with it. We also use 651