LLCE

Bigger Graphic than Cutter

I have the side of a van to do.  My cutter is 24" and the graphic is 48x48.

I need to figure out how to cut the border in half and then splice it together.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure how to do it in SB but i use Cibercut and ca splice it.. If you want to send me the EPS of it Ill do it for you and send it right back.

rick@spydergraphix.com

When you go to cut it, SignBlazer will automatically tile it if the graphic is larger than the vinyl. Just select the tile that you want to cut. There is also an overlap distance to set.

Thanks much for all the input.  I will give it a try.

PLEASE let me know how this went. I have a 5x3' graphic to cut on my 24" machine and I'm going to turn it down possibly  :thumbsup: :-

Guest Schramm

John,

Dont pass up work, I have a 50" machine and I would be happy to cut it for you!  I can cut 48" with no problem.

one thing I have learned is never pass up work, you can always get help if needed. I also have a 36" and 54" plotter and a close friend that has a 60" printer plotter

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ???I think we need more help with this topic from someone more familiar with Signblazer elements. I'm having the same issue.

MH871 Refine 34"/PC Vista/USB/SignblazerElements

My job is 24" x 13'. When I loaded my vectors as one tile, the cutter doled out 13', and crashed into the opposite side of the cutter.

So I know I can just cut this job in an 8ft segment and a 5ft segment. I don't want to, because it'll mean a more difficult install, but I can definitely work around it.

My question is about Tiling. There really are no "manual" options to set the tiling on this program.

You control the tiling by your workspace, and then if you select a graphic larger than your workspace you can get more than one tile and adjust it that way. However, every time I've tried this, the cutter cuts the first tile, (I have it pause after cutting the first tile) pauses, and then returns to the home postion of tile 1 and starts to cut tile 2 overtop. Am I supposed to trim it in between? there's no cut line between the tiles- it seems like it should just pickup where it left off.

In the settings, you can tell it to advance the home position after a tile is cut.. (lower left in image)

post-7723-12986551975938_thumb.jpg

post-7723-12986551988766_thumb.jpg