Guest kenya

What's your cutter stand look like?

Guest kenya

I want to ask those who bought a cutter without a stand........

did you make one yourself or still using it on a table?

My new to me, back up cutter (Thanks FM) will soon be arriving & I got to thinking that I could really use a stand for it (not enough space for another table), so I need to put it more in the middle of the room. But what I'm concerned about, is how to control my vinyl on the backside.

Anyone willing to share photos showing how their standless cutter is set up would be great.

This will be hubby's weekend project-- :thumbsup:

I made mine out of a standard book shelf from Walmart. I only installed one shelf and used wooden dowels and some misc hardware to make 6 vinyl holders. Cut out a slot in the back panel for the vinly to feed through.

Charlie

post-4248-12986536575902_thumb.jpg

post-4248-12986536576144_thumb.jpg

post-4248-1298653659295_thumb.jpg

post-4248-12986536593111_thumb.jpg

CyberChuck, Nice idea there. Never thought of that. I might have to do something like that myself soon. :thumbsup:

Guest kenya

That is a great idea Charlie !!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the props, but the credit should really go to my wife. She made me build it - got tired of me having the cutter on the dining room table.

In all honesty, though, it was the easiest & least expensive thing I could think of. One of these days, I'll probably build a similar stand that can handle more rolls. I am a carpenter by trade (hence the "wood butcher" in my sig), so I can't really consider a "kit" shelf my final answer.

Charlie

I made mine out of a standard book shelf from Walmart. I only installed one shelf and used wooden dowels and some misc hardware to make 6 vinyl holders. Cut out a slot in the back panel for the vinly to feed through.

Charlie

do u have a problem with your vinyl walking with this setup.

Up here we have a store called XS Cargo, I dont know if you have them down there, best comparison would be Big Lots I would think. Anyway they had these desks for about 30 bucks, I picked up 2 of em, one for the cutter & one for the printer. Im using them backwards tho, the top shelf is facing forward with the cutter sitting on it & the lower shelf is against the wall with the roller plate sitting on it to spool the vinyl off of.

25604_l.jpg