hardcase1

Sandblasted Concrete Benches

Here are a couple of benches we did using Hartco 425 S Sandblast mask with the Creation PCut cutter. Again, let me say WOW!  I love this thing!

post-4630-1298653623544_thumb.jpg

post-4630-1298653624194_thumb.jpg

post-4630-12986536242255_thumb.jpg

post-4630-12986536250292_thumb.jpg

post-4630-12986536250507_thumb.jpg

post-4630-12986536250723_thumb.jpg

VERY VERY VERYYYYYYYY NICEEEEEEE I DIDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT CONCRETE BENCHES  I RATHER DO SANDBLASTING THAN VINYL AS TO MANY PEOPLE ARE DOING IT  AROUND HERE SO I STICK WITH SANDBLASTING I AM ON MY WAY TO HOME DEPOT LOWES AND THE CONCRETE PLACE FOR BENCHES DOES ANY BODY HAVE A 18 WHEELER I CAN BARROW

Guest YHC

These are nice hardcase1 :)

Being that concrete can hold moisture, do you have issues with the mask lifting up after rain? One thing I have seen people do is clear cost the concrete to seal their work and give it a shine. Some do it thick to give it a bit of 3D finish

Guest YHC

These are nice hardcase1 ;D

Being that concrete can hold moisture, do you have issues with the mask lifting up after rain? One thing I have seen people do is clear cost the concrete to seal their work and give it a shine. Some do it thick to give it a bit of 3D finish

Think I mis-understood how you did these  :-  :)

As for paint, we are using Krylon Black Satin paint.  This was suggested by another blaster, so we are giving it a try.  Also, regarding the moisture issue: we put the mask on just prior to blasting as concrete sweats and it will not stick as well. Then we go ahead and paint it following the blasting, then as soon as the paint drys, we remove the blast mask. 

It's hard to tell from the photos how big these are, do you blast them in a cabinet?  If not, wow, that must use a ton of media..

Looks awesome!  A friend of mine does concrete countertops, Ill have to show him this..

Yes, we use a blast cabinet.  Most of these are 16" stones and the benches are about 30" long. Hard to handle but can be done and they turn out beautiful. The detail is wonderful. I couldn't believe it myself. People have went ga-ga over the things I have done so far.  Have several more in the works for mother's day. Will post picts when finished.  Everyone go for it!  So much fun!

If I may ask what do you use for stencil material and also what kind of media do you blasyt with?  Thanks

We use Hartco 425 S Sandblast Mask from vinyldirect.com.  Have never blasted through it yet. Also, we just use regular blasting sand. Does a great job.

Love the way they look.  Want to do one for myself.  I don't have the equipment to do the blasting.  Any idea what it would run to have somebody do that part of the job?

not a lot. maybe you could rent one for a day.

bb