Sign in to follow this  
hardcase1

Sandblasted Concrete Memorial Stones and Benches

We just bought the PCut Creation in hopes of being able to make personalized memorial stones and benches.  Here are some samples of the first things we have done.  All I can say is WOW every time I make another piece.  This has helped me turn a $1.50 piece of concrete into a $25.00 piece. The possibilities are endless!  [/img]

post-4630-12986536233671_thumb.jpg

post-4630-12986536234125_thumb.jpg

post-4630-1298653623454_thumb.jpg

post-4630-12986536249332_thumb.jpg

post-4630-12986536249575_thumb.jpg

post-4630-12986536249874_thumb.jpg

ALL I CAN SAY IS WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

IVE BEEN DOING SANDBLASTING ON YOU NAME IT IVE DONE IT EXCEPT FOR CONCRETE AND TILE 

I AM HEADING TO THE CONCRETE STORE AND LOWES AND ALL OF THE OTHER PLACES  I NEED A 18 WHEELER TO LOAD UP ON THINGS DAMN ITTTTTTTT

Well, I don't have to do that since we are a ornamental concrete maker. We cast our own stones and then I turn them into what you see.  You might want to consider buying some dump molds and making your own stones.  It would be easy, but maybe not as quick as buying pre-cast stones.  Just make sure you buy the smooth concrete ones, if possible. You will notice that I only did one pre-cast (pressed concrete) stone. The sandblast mask doesn't stick to that as well as the smooth, but it is hard to find the smooth ones unless you make them yourself.  Also, don't put the mask on until right before you are going to blast it. The concrete sweats and the mask doesn't want to stick as well.

Hey Hardcase!

Those benches rock!

A long time ago, another blaster on here suggested that for a better sticking mask, get some cheapo hairspray and cover the area with it before you stick the mask on.  I tried it on some rougher river rock and by gosh it worked!  I wonder if it would work on your benches.  I gotta try one of those!

What media did you use?

What type of vinyl/premask do you use for sand blasting?

that looks great! i used to work at a plant nursery that sold concrete benches and people would want them customized.. neato!

Nice work  :)

I'd like to see more of the details of this project, like which materials were used and costs to produce.

I use Hartco 425 S Sandblast Mask.  I get this from vinyldirect.com and I figure it cost me about $1.50 per

square foot.  It is listed under specialty products on the web site.  We tried using the 651 black vinyl but it blasted through quickly. We are going to try it again with lower pressure but it doesn't stick good if there is any roughness at all. 

No need for hairspray if you use 425 S blast mask. It sticks!  It works great in the cutter also.  I have no problems.