Sign in to follow this  
cbs1963

Test cut

I have been reading the forum but still foggy on what I need to adjust to get a clean test cut.  When I use the test button on my LP 24, I get a snag in the bottom left corner where the cut finishes.  How do I get that snag cut.  Played a little with the x y setting and offset.  Afraid to change too much without knowing really what I should change.  When I cut, I get some jagged edges as well.

I continued to research the forum and found a wonderful post about ensuring proper blade depth.  I had forgotten that I had changed the blade in an attempt to get better cuts.  I reset the blade using the info and it cuts much better, not perfect but much, much better.

I continued to research the forum and found a wonderful post about ensuring proper blade depth.  I had forgotten that I had changed the blade in an attempt to get better cuts.  I reset the blade using the info and it cuts much better, not perfect but much, much better.

:)

CBS - do a search for the Calibration thread - it helped me a LOT. Also, you'll likely have to play with your Offset (in your software), blade depth (on the plotter head), pressure and cutting speed (on the cutter's menu).

If you're worried about "messing up" your factory settings just jot the original values down on an oh-so-convenient Post-It note (that's what I did). You can restore them easily enough.

Honestly, the hardest part I've found about owning a plotter is the voodoo that's involved in getting it dialed-in.