Sign in to follow this  
BandM

HELP!!!!! LP freezes- need more

I have had my 24" Laser point for over a year & have cut everything possable. I'm talking from 50 3.25X3.25 pocket designs to 10" letters 6' long. Now all of the sudden yesterday my cutter is stopping in the middle of a cut. I read the other post about grounding, did that, it made 1 cut then starting screwing up again. I am trying to cut 3-13.5 X 13.5 t-shirt backs, I tried to attach a photo but not sure if it will work. Anyway, my signblazer is still sending info, but my cutter just stops & when it does it says "on line". I have sent bigger jobs then this before with no problems. Any suggestions? I have a ton of orders to get done & can't afford to waste any more vinyl! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

B & M

Area wide XL.PDF

Area wide XL.PDF

That PDF shows that it didn't stop cutting in the middle of the cut, or it would have stopped in one of the letters.  It looks like the page size or length is set too short to finish cutting the graphic, that's the reason the stoppage is straight across the page.

Yeah, that pdf is messed up.  I hope your cutting file doesn't look like that, it would explain the problem.

I apologize for not getting back on here & posting what I found & for not responding to the other post, I just have been so busy trying to make up for lost time with the cutter.

First off the PDF is just a bad PDF, I'm not exactly sure why it cut off the edges of the image when I saved it as a PDF. Second the cutter was not stopping in the same place every time it was very random. Third I spent a day going back & forth with Ken, & after a day of wanting to pull my hair out I was able to find & fix the problem. I was able to figure out that when the cutter was stopping, SB was still sending info but the cutter would say on line this was caused by the cutter losing power. I figured otherwise the cutter should have said waiting. To make a very, very long story short I was able to find that the power supply had a loose connection. That connection turned out to be an aluminum bar that has 3 or 4 componets secured to it, & by putting slight pressure on this bar it would not lose power. I ended up putting a piece of plastic between the bar & the side of the bottom panel. It just needed some thing in there to stop the bar from vibrating & loosing connection. I hope this all makes sense & again I don't think I could have done it with out Ken pointing me in the right direction. THANKS AGAIN KEN.

Well I hope this explains my problem to every one who has read this post, right now I really need to get back to work. Thanks also to those who tried to help & for giving me some advice.