cherrybomb

Aligning your Image to Shirt Prier to Pressing?

So I have my Ts, Heat press Vinyl, Cut logo (reversed) and ready to go. But I found out pretty quick that The alignment is a lot trickier them it first seems.

I haven't pressed my shirt yet..... (tempting tho) As I thought Id get an idea of how its done with just a ruler.

I'm in Aust, So just walking down to the local Art shop to pick up a T-shirt alignment tool isn't an option for me.

I don't really have a problem aligning the Image on the T on a table. But transferring the T with Your Image is tricky with out moving the alignment. And measuring from undrer the Press seems trickier still! Tips any one....

+3

Grabbing by the shoulder seems on top and putting on press square by eye and lining up the tag in center of logo by eye works OK with some practice. The amount of overhang is a good guide to how square the shirt is on the press. Use the seems and not the press marks from the factory and it should be OK.

Most people are not that symmetrical so if you are off a little, it might not be that noticeable.

The tag may not be in the center.

T-shirts are unstable and often are not perfectly made and are not perfectly worn.

We just got 20 shirts in that were already screen printed. Our job was to put names on the back for a softball tourney. We found out that the screen prints were 2" off center and varied over an inch from the collar. You would never notice how far off these were unless you measured them.

Your biggest challenge will be getting it straight rather than centered.

I struggled with this when i first started doing heat transfer shirts.

What i do is fold the shirt in half, press it so it leaves a nice line down the middle, then put a line in the middle of the actual transfer with a pen on the glossy side (on thermoflex anyway) and then line it up and your good to go!  :thumbsup:

Guest sciondrgn

I struggled with this when i first started doing heat transfer shirts.

What i do is fold the shirt in half, press it so it leaves a nice line down the middle, then put a line in the middle of the actual transfer with a pen on the glossy side (on thermoflex anyway) and then line it up and your good to go!  :thumbsup:

Thats a pretty good idea john,

I normally do it by eyesight and they've turned out pretty good.. I still want to get a t-square it sometime