Sign in to follow this  
cloudbrk

Computer locks up.

Hey guys...got my Copam 2500 this week and love it.  One problem I have is that whenever I remove the usb that goes to the plotter from my laptop, my computer locks up.  Whats the deal with that.  Highly annoying.  Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Sounds like the computer is having issues dropping the COM port when you unplug. Try uninstalling all of your USB root hubs in the device manager and then rebooting. When it comes back up, the root hubs will reinstall on their own and hopefully resolve any conflicts. Maybe try another computer to see if it does the same thing, then we will know if it is the laptop or the cutter.

Ken-

I thought I would try to install on another computer, but then remembered that I would probably have trouble putting the software on another computer because of the registration info.  If I do try to install it on a different computer will it give me errors during installation because of the install code?

I will try what you suggested first, please let me know on the software reinstall.

For SignBlazer, make sure you are connected to the internet when you uninstall, then you should be able to install on another machine without problems.

Ken-

I finally got around to getting a new computer and have uninstalled the software while online like you suggested, but I am having difficulty reinstalling the software on the new computer.  I am selling the old computer and will not have access to it.  How do I get my copy of Signblazer to work on the new computer?  I have tried requesting a new activation code twice and have received nothing.  I really need to get this to work.

Nick

I got the Signblazer installed finally on the new machine (Windows XP) but now the driver for the USB to serial is not working.  Can someone please help?  When I go to device manager I see a USB device that has no driver installed for it.  When I unplug the plotter cable, it goes away, so I know that it is the one for the plotter.  I downloaded the driver from the site, but it is not working.  What do I do next?  I need to get this thing back up and operational ASAP.

That would be great.  Just so you know, I have uninstalled the driver and followed the directions on the site for the driver installation and I am still unable to get the computer to recognize the plotter.  I am anxiously awaiting your help.