Budsoda

Trying to Cut with Vinyl Master Pro

I just upgraded vinyl master pro cutting software from 2.70 to 2.95 and now with the new Version I can use vmp with my copam (I've been using signcut with the copam) when I go to cut somthing like 10 6x6 decal and squash it to cut on 23"x 120"..it start cutting 2" away from where it should and then it try to cut at the other end where there is no vinyl... I don't no how to ajust this..? anyone know how to fix this..? Thanks

Your VMP has complete instructions on your page set-up.  Do you have the right plotter model ticked in the set up?  Have you set your page size to your vinyl correctly?  I would set your page height size at approximately 1" under the maximum cutting width of your vinyl rolls, and the length to at least 2 yards.  You can then place your graphic anywhere on the page.  If you have various different size graphics to cut, they can be placed anywhere, or use the "Quick Squash" or "Super Squash"  in the Cut drop down menu too maximise your vinyl usage.     

Thanks for the reply but I know all of that I had VMP for over 2 years now.. VMP works and cut fine with my Graphtec.. Just not my copam... I don't no why the cutting head move over 2" before it start cutting..? I havit try to cut anything with my Refine yet..  :thumbsup:

Budsoda,

Do you have any problems with VMP such as reading AI files and the Test Area function button? When I try to Import from files I created in AI. It shows blank in VMP AI module. When I export to AI from VMP it shows an error in AI. If I bring anything into the cut spooler in VMP and hit the TEST AREA, it freezes the plotter (Copam 2500) and draws all over the place. VMP doesn't have a driver for Graphtec FC8000. I can't get any tech support at all. I love the program but I been having issues since I had it. Consequently, I just design out of it.

Budsoda,

Did you get VMP 2.95 working right on your Copam CP-2500?

I just ordered the demo CD - hoping to use it with my CP-2500

Thanks

-Mike

Yes it will work on my Copam but the test area function freezes the plotter. The plotter will indicate cutting after Testing Area. When you send your cut file, the buffer isn't cleared from the Test Area function...so it is doing the test area and the cut file. In this case it cut all wrong. Make sure you check the test area function and see if it gives you problems first. Let me know!

Budsoda,

What was the cause of your problem?  I'm trying the demo and have made an offer on a copy from eBay.  I'd like to know what to doublecheck in my install to get the fewest problems.  Any guidance for a newby with this package would help me - and all the others reading this.

Thanks

-Mike

BTW what's the word on version 3 mentioned in the auction listing on eBay.  I can't find any info on their website.

Budsoda,

I'm running VMP 2.5 on a Roland CAMM-1 and it starts 2" across, it's just where the program starts.  I've had other program do the same, it's not a problem.

I just went to a Parallel cable and it fix it.. don't know why or how but it fix it... Joe when i had signcut it would start about 1/8" away from the pinch roller ... so i could design and cut somthing on 23" of 24" of vinyl.. I got VMP working good now :thumbsup: I can cut up to 23" of 24" of vinyl on it now.. :thumbsup:

What set up driver and settings are you using for the Copam CP2500 in VMP 2.95v with Vinyl Spooler 2.99v? I can not get the TEST Cut function to work properly without freezing the plot and will not go back to its origin. I run mine on COM4 usb or COM8 serial, both work but I can't test my cut area without problems.

Budsoda, mine cuts up to 1/8" from the pinch roller, but starts it's cut 2" in.

Glad to hear you got on OK.

JoeBlow

Mine starts about 2" in also.  When it initializes and measures the vinyl when you first load vinyl and hit enter, I notice when it pulls back to sense the front of the roll the front edge of the vinyl has a tendency to "catch" in the cutoff channel.  I think it sets the origin so this isn't possible when you start a cut.  To save vinyl if I have multiple jobs, I will wait to cut off the graphic until I manually move the origin to near the ending of the previous cut and run the next cut before trimming off the first graphic.  Only an inch or so, but it can save enough to get an extra job or two out of a roll.

Budsoda,

I won the Vinyl Master software on Ebay yesterday.  I'll be talking to you when it comes in for any tips.

-Mike

Mike,

I think you'll find VinylMaster Pro a great program to work with. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try to help to help you through it.

Thanks Joe!  I'm sure I will have questions.  I have the demo which is version 2.50.  I have played with it and like what I see so far.

-Mike