Sign in to follow this  
cutitout

Copam 2500, xp, Signblazer, laptop, usb to usb solutions.

When cutting multiple small arrays, the Copam often cuts a diagonal line and hangs up saying "cutting" and nothing is happening.  :thumbsup:  I am still trying to find an easy solution to the problem using usb to usb. It is not the graphic since i can cut 1 or 2 at a time. I have wasted a lot of vinyl and time working on this to no avail. I am using the drive furnished by US Cutter. I use Signblazer Elements trial.

I have seen suggestions to buy desktop and use serial to serial or parallel to parallel connection, slow cut speed down, ground the Copam, buy another software program, change usb power saving features in the bios, etc etc.

I have even changed out the Copam motherboard at the suggestion of US Cutter support.

ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO HAS FOUND A SOLUTION PLEASE POST DETAIL OF THE SOLUTION IN THIS THREAD,  IF YOU HAVE TIME.

Any suggestions would also be welcome, but actual solutions that have worked are what I am looking for.

This would be a great help to me, future users, and the Support staff at US Cutter I would imagine.

Thanks for the help.

My Copam did the sams thing today for the frist time I was trying to cut 15 phone number at the same time 2.5" x 22" and I'm using Dell laptop with 1 gig of ram, win xp pro and a serial to serial setup with signs cut sotfware.. I would like to no why my copam did that as well..?

I solved the problem. :thumbsup:

As Ken advised, it definitely is the usb to usb causing the hangup and line of death. I had an old laptop with a parallel port, I connected it, and now my small arrays work perfect every time even with weeding.

And now I love Signblazer and Copam 2500.

What a value! Anyone looking should order one.

Ken since it was not the motherboard, i will return it for a refund. Thanks.

I solved the problem. ;D

As Ken advised, it definitely is the usb to usb causing the hangup and line of death. I had an old laptop with a parallel port, I connected it, and now my small arrays work perfect every time even with weeding.

And now I love Signblazer and Copam 2500.

What a value! Anyone looking should order one.

Ken since it was not the motherboard, i will return it for a refund. Thanks.

:) :)

USB can be such a pain....

Ever since the dark ages of the IBM XT serial port hookups have been a little more trouble to setup - Baud rate - Handshaking  - parity - all have to be right or it fails.  Even when you get it right it seems there are more chances of problems.

Budsoda - try hooking up to the 25 pin parallel port and using LPT1 if you have that option.  Works for me.

-Mike

I'm runing new software now vinyl master pro and I had to hookup my old dell laptop and 25 pin parallel port to get it to cut right.. I don't no what I'm going to do when the dell take a sh_t on me... my new hp laptop only has usb ports..

Budsoda

Did you get the newest spooler.  Did it make the difference or was it just going through the parallel cable that worked?

I haven't gotten mine yet - just the demo and that's ver 2.50  2.95 is supposed to work with my Copam, and I hear Ver 3.0 coming out is supposed to be improv ed even more.  Are there any beta testers on the forum - anybody know what improvements are in the new version?

Glad yours works. 

-Mike

I do have the newest spooler but it didn't make any the difference.. The parallel cable was the key that made everything work fine..