Sign in to follow this  
Jarhead

Anyone using artcut 2009?

I just got artct 2009 and it seems like garbage to me. I'm trying to just type the word "sealed" with a script font and everytime I try, the "l" ends up on top of the "a"!! Also can't import any files of any type other than jpg's. Are there any updates for this software??

I just got the artcut 2009 and most of it seems to be in chinese or something, hard to find an image unless you sit and look through all of them. I downloaded the signblazer elements but I am unale to import anything. Is there something that i am doing wrong? I downloaded some free eps files from clipartandfonts.com and they will not import into signblazer. also I have a clip art program that I purchased many years ago with many wmf files and I need help in changing them into eps files.

thanks

ImLost

To import a .eps into sbe just go to file then import. Find your .eps file and click ok. Then yo will have two choices postscript interpreter, or postscript scanner. If one does not work try the other one. Also sometimes the image is very small so you might not see it right off.

In script you are correct the "l" does end up onto the "a" the "e" also ends up onto the "d".

once the word is written highlight it then split to graph and you can then move each letter to the desired position, bit of a pain but a way around the problem, as for a fix don't hold your breath.

I had Artcut but now I use Winpcsign and it works great.

You got training video and great functions.

The vectorization function in winpcsign pro is very useful. It auto trace you logo in sec.

The cutting panel is by color and very friendly user.

2 years ago when I bought my cutter , ArtCut was a dirty word here . EVEN the USC E-Bay auctions advised against it . The bundled software was SignCut & Inkscape ( free ) . Then a couple months later SignBlazer was bundled with USC cutters . In the 2 years I have been here , nothing good being said about ArtCut has been read by me . I have NO experience with it .

Yep, Artcut 09 is garbage! It's a Chinese knock off of Flexi and a very poor one at that. It won't import all Photoshop EPS files. And, when it did import EPS files there were funky lines all over the place. The stored image gallery is huge and impossible to find a specific image. The font kerning is all over the place with many fonts, especially scripts and fixing it is nothing short of a time wasting pain in the butt. Did I mention I had a few crashes too? SignBlazer is the best I've used. Even FlexiPro has its downfalls. It seems to be way too complicated than it needs to be. SignBlazer is quick to use, has a pleasant interface and seems a lot more stable than Artcut. In my opinion, of course.