Sign in to follow this  
ff958

Trying the print on vinyl thing

Hi all I have a little project I am working on but I need to be able to print on vinyl.I have read all the previous post on this as I could find about guys printing on vinyl with their desktop printers, but I still have a few questions. I did get some inkjet printable vinyl from Oracal it is 3951 series. When I try to print on it with my printer the ink just bubbles up and looks like garbage. I have a Hp 3100 series printer that uses the Vivera inks. Would I have better luck with the Durabrite inks from Epson or does it really make any difference? I know this can be done as some of you are doing it I just do not know how. Any help would be great. thanks

I just printed 2 sheets of decals with the Papilio white waterproof vinyl. I had ordered the sample pack to try it. The graphics came out great. I let it sit over night the ran some water over it and had no runs or fading. I just ordered 2- 10 sheet packs. They sent me an email for a buy one get one free offer and I couldn't pass it up.

I just printed 2 sheets of decals with the Papilio white waterproof vinyl. I had ordered the sample pack to try it. The graphics came out great. I let it sit over night the ran some water over it and had no runs or fading. I just ordered 2- 10 sheet packs. They sent me an email for a buy one get one free offer and I couldn't pass it up.

Cool, thanks! I see they sell a sealant spray as well...

Then that would be where my problem is at. It sounds like I need to get some  printable vinyl from Papilio. Who do you guys think has the best ink for the printable vinyl Hp or Epson?