Sign in to follow this  
scandalous

SOLVED - Need Laserpoint 24" Driver

So I just got my 24" LP today and got everything set up. I tried to install the drivers but apparently the Banana Digital disc is empty, my computer, laptop and Mac all say it's an empty disc.

Currently if I plug in the LP my laptop picks it up as my race cars ECU system (Hondata).  :thumbsup: LOL

Is there somewhere I can download the drivers? (I am running vista by the way)

Thanks in advanced.

Oh and just wanted to make sure on one thing. I have used nothing but Roland machines in the past so I have been spoiled with the features they have. I figured out the LP needs to have the material manually imputed, but do you need to manually cut the material when your done? In other words it doesn't have a blade that cuts the piece of material off correct?

Thanks again.

Nope it doesn't cut it off for you. Does have a nifty little slot in the front edge that works pretty good as a guide, but you'll be covering that up with a piece of tape soon to avoid getting your vinyl snagged.

Just a good ol pair of scissors is what i use.

Thanks Blues for the link.  :P

I still could not get it to work. The computer would not recognize the LP. Don't have a serial port so that was not an option.

I consider myself very computer savvy, but this kicked my butt all day.

Anyway, after almost giving up I decided to download Signcut and the drivers for my Mac running 10.5.6 and got it to work within 15-20 mins!!! Did some test cuts and everything came out perfect!

sarconastic, thanks for the slot suggestion. I did not notice it and was using scissors until I read your post. The slot worked good with the exacto.  :thumbsup: