Sign in to follow this  
designed

Transfer tape

I am making some 3 color graphics and I use the Clear R-tape when I put my first layer on you have to peel off the clear tape to get your next layer on when I pull the clear r-tape off it seems to stick to much to the vinyl causing stretching of the vinyl and putting bubbles in it.  I am obvoiusly going to have to use a different type of tape that might not stick as much anyone else tried something different.  I have some preview plus but only 3" wide it seems to be better working with muliple colors.  It will probably have to be something I will have to buy a wider amount of and try that.

never had that problem. for better taping results, lay your tape down on the table sticky side up, then put your vinyl on upside down. flatten it by hand, flip over, then squeegee.

yes that is done when I move the backing paper down from the registration marks but when you lay your first color down on top of the vinyl you have application tape on the vinyl you now have to take that off in order to put another layer on by what you said it almost sounds like you have only layed one color before?

Awsome!  So what I was doing wrong was laying the last color down and putting the next color on working to the top color.  I need to reverse that and start with the top color working down.  It worked the way I was doing it but definitly not right.  Awsome!  It is all good 6 months ago I just started and now have enough work to keep one busy for 10 hours a day!  I learned a lot in the past six months.  I look forward to doing more layered colors now to get this down.  I have a lot to do now.  Thank you for the video now it will be easier!