Sign in to follow this  
Kysmiley

Vinyl off tracking

Now I have this cutter all working and cutting good, except for the off tracking. I tried to do a cut that was 85 inches long and by the time the cutter got to the end it was off by almost 2 inches. I have all three pinchers down tight. None of them seem to be broken or cracked. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to prevent this.

Pat

Make sure its lined up perfectly before you start.

Make sure the tension on all 3 rollers is exactly the same

Make sure the vinyl is loose off the roll before you start....when it jerks against the roll it cna cause it to slide just a tid bit and throw it all off.

Make sure its lined up perfectly before you start.

Make sure the tension on all 3 rollers is exactly the same

Make sure the vinyl is loose off the roll before you start....when it jerks against the roll it cna cause it to slide just a tid bit and throw it all off.

starting straight is the key. A TINY liitle bit off gets to be a LOT over a long cut.

this is the best way I have figured out to start straight.

Load your vinyl roll in the holder....feed the vinyl through, space your 3 rollers......drop the center roller, now roll the excess back onto the roll until its tight, this aligns the vinyl perfectly, with it still taught drop your side rollers....feed in and out and adjust if neccesary.  Most of the time this gets me dead perfect first try.