SEA_TEC

MH-1351 cuts small image, won't cut large image

Ok, I'm lost, My MH-1351 will cut the image below in 12x12 just fine. It even cut it in 24x24 Now I am trying to cut it for a hood 42x42 and it stops after the dogs head and cutter head reset itself. I deleted what it had cut and tryed again, and it stoped after part of the neck and 1 long curve and stoped in the middle of the cut...  I'm getting tyred of waisting vinyl here...  what am i doing wrong ?

Wolfshead.ai

Wolfshead.ai

Ok, I'm lost, My MH-1351 will cut the image below in 12x12 just fine. It even cut it in 24x24 Now I am trying to cut it for a hood 42x42 and it stops after the dogs head and cutter head reset itself. I deleted what it had cut and tryed again, and it stoped after part of the neck and 1 long curve and stoped in the middle of the cut...  I'm getting tyred of waisting vinyl here...  what am i doing wrong ?

Is the cutter grounded?

Maybe static elec. is killing it???

I'm not sure what you mean. It is plugged into the wall, not a surge protector. The machine sits on 4 rubber posts, and the posts sit on the stand, but the stand isn't touching anything but the floor

How would I ground it ?

I'm not sure what you mean. It is plugged into the wall, not a surge protector. The machine sits on 4 rubber posts, and the posts sit on the stand, but the stand isn't touching anything but the floor

How would I ground it ?

Take any piece of wire, strip down the ends to bare copper, and wrap each end of the wire to a screw on the cutter, and one on the stand.

Ok, I ran a ground wire from the cutt the stand. I tryed again to print thr image I've been working on all day it ran longer before it frose. then i tried again and it ran got maybe a min before it frose again...  Would love to know what the deal is here...  the is getting very expensive !!

No I don't, but would memory cause it to just stop in the middle of a cut ;) or to end a cut and reset it's self before the cut is finished ;D

somewhere I read it could, I had a mh1351 and never had trouble with cuts but it also had the extra memory installed - we really need Ken to chime in on this one

I second that. I'd say I'm at the point where I need some tech support at this point. I can't get this to complete one job without cutting several times and using bits and pieces of each cut. I just can't afford to keep waisting vinyl like this.

I have the cutter on carpet, and wired to the stand. Does it matter if the wheels are on the stand ? Could I run the ground wire to the floor vent ?

Another thing I notice it is doing is when it stops, sometimes it goes in to ofline mode, some times it goes into setup, but most of the time I get a strange looking message that looks like the screen is broke, of messed up with wierd lines througn it. When I hit reset, it goes back to normal. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Ive had that same exact problem, a year ago i got so fed up with my mh1351, it keep shutting down on long runs and i just kept wasting so much material! The final straw was when i was working with reflective, the damn machine stopped and and that was the last of the reflective material i had to complete the job,thats when i pulled out the old allen datagraph, the ak47 of vinyl cutters. and put the new 50 inch in the storage room. So i pulled it out last week determined to make it work, new serial card and and a serial cable still nothin!! LIGHTBULB moment, I took the usb cable off my cannon scanner and bingo, this baby is rockin and rollin.

So anybody thats having problems with their refine mh1351 one solution would to be to replace your usb cable with a high quality belkin or a usb cable off a known working piece of hardware on your system like a printer, scanner, or a fax,and make sure the usb cable is recogonized by your computer with the appropriate driver, you will check this by going into your device manager on your windows operating system and checking to see if your usb cable was recognized and what com port it was assingned it will always be a com port with your plotter/cutter.  Printers are assigned usb1 usb2 etc.. your plotters will be com ports it worked wonders for me...

ps I also downloaded this driver from uscutter.com homepage:

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=22&nav=0,1

Hope this helps!!

KUDOS

Sorry I came to this post so late. A USB port is just a serial port on steroids. Like most serial ports you can run into buffer overflow problems when the communications port outstrips the printer's internal buffer. try slowing down the baud rate to 9600, turn on hardware handshaking, and check your bit, stop and parity settings, mine are (8,1,n). Also make sure you have the most updated driver, sometimes the programmer can compensate for the printer's memory by storing the data in a temporary buffer. Hope this helps.