Krolla

Cant decide for my needs

Hello I am in the market for a vinyl cutter as i am getting tired of paying for them and waiting for them to be made at shops.

What i will mostly be cutting are thing shown in the pictures below.

IMG_4112.jpg

This is the logo for my online magazine (i will be doing multiple color stuff)

IMG_3205.jpg

Stuff similer to this on my rear windows

IMG_3206.jpg

But also things like this (Company logos already made)

I understand that the plotters cut from vector images and thats fine as i have Adobe CS4 and am already familier with vector jpeg bmp etc.

Im looking at getting a 24inch one.

My question is, Do you think the Creation PCUT good enough to suite my simple needs or can i even get away with the US Cutter MH Series

Also i wont be cutting a lot. Just for me and the members of my magazine and car club. Probably a few vinyls a month if that.

any cutter that us cutter sells will work for u. what's ur budget? that's the ?

but at least get a 24 inch .

about 200 to 250. Im watching a couple bids on ebay right now i might be able to get one for a really good deal. most of them on ebay are the Pcut which is good.

I have the pcut and love it, i have never had a problem with it, easy to use, and cuts just fine. Do not assume you will not cut too much though, this is very addicting, fun and pretty soon you will have a vinyl biz...lol

Renee

yea, i agree with creative, once u start u cannot and will not stop. when the folks find out u got a cutter, then it's gonna be on from there.

good luck, i have the p cut also, and love mine too.

Keep in mind that your budget is probably going to need to include quite a few things besides the cutter.  Not trying to talk you out of it, but if you really only need a few decals from time to time, then you might be looking at more like $500+ or even a lot more to get everything setup and quite a bit of time on your part.  I don't think you'll regret your choice to do it, but if its about the money and turnaround time then just find somewhere better to have them made.  I'd recommend these forums actually.  I bet you'd be surprised what good prices and turn around times you'd get. 

why would it be 500.

The assuming i get the plotter for $250

+ vinyl

It comes with the software + i have software

I dont see what else i would need besides replacement blades from time to time.

I just got my new cutter a few weeks ago. SO I can tell you from experience what it's gonna take. Now I am looking at doing more than just a few decals. It's a sideline money maker in addition to my regular job. Ok, that said here's a list of items your going to want to pick up just to do your basic decals

Cutter ( of course)

Selection of vinyl in the colors you want. If you putting them on cars and want them to last. at least get Oracal 651

1 roll of 24"W x 10yds is around $25 -- that's per color -- don't waste your time with the really cheap vinyl - you'll regret it.

Squeegees pack of 5 around $4

X'acto knife and some blades. $10

Plastic scraper (you are going to want these. cause your gonna be placing a decal and either get it stuck in the wrong place and can't remove it or get it completely on a see you got it crooked.) $4

Application tape depending on the size of decals you plan on making. from $9 to $76 a roll depending on width.

Various masking tapes for all kinds of stuff. $10

Uscutter machines comes with 3 45 deg blades, but you will want to get a pack of 60 deg blades if your doing much small detail. (which from your pics you will be)$12

Weeding tools. the Xacto is good for some things but you will want more. Liek a set of O-ring picks $10 and a "GOOD" pair of tweezers, not your average I got a splinter pair, i am talking the ones you find in the aisles at the hardware store that has all the little gadgets the engineers carry around in their pockets, These are very sharp pointed and work great, just don't drop them on concrete  :lol: or you get to buy a new pair. $8

If you don't already have it a good light over your work area. You can't weed it if you can't see it. $15

Look on the back of your computer, if you don't have a serial port (many of the new computers don't you will need a serial to USB adapter cable) These machines will run on USB but your asking for troubles. $35

Ok I think that about covers it. One note for you, if you order all the stuff from UScutter here, machines materials etc. Its still only $9.99 shipping on the entire order.

PS. I did forget one thing.

Business cards....cause your gonna get your cutter and your gonna tell a buddy you got it, he's gonna show someone your neat new decal of a Little boy Peeing on the Ford emblem and they are all gonna want one too. And you might give away the first few but then you realize that's costing you money, and you start charging a couple bucks, then you realize they will pay more and raise your prices, and then they want bigger a better graphics and more complicated and before you know it your sitting in your basement designing and cutting vinyl every night from the time you get of work until 2 hours past when you normally go to bed, and enjoying the crap out of it.

At that point you'll want to print up your business cards with your newly designed graphics logo. Cause now your in the sign business.

Thanks. I already have a lot of that stuff. The only thing i can see i will need is the Vinyl and application tape. And maybe some of thoes 60

to answer your original question, the MH series will work just fine for what you wanna do....i have MH721 and it does everything i want it to big or small

Yes, for your budget- go with the USCutter MH721 or the Creation PCut CT630

YAY i just bought the Pcut on ebay for a really good price!!!!!! i cant wait to get it