x2graphics

Should I purchase a Laserpoint 24?

Hi, new to the forums but not to the business. I have 2 vinyl cutters now and just got a 42" wide format printer. I am thinking about selling my two cutters and buying a laserpoint 24 so I can have optical registration. My question is this... I have been reading these forums and I see there are about 8 pages of people having issues with this cutter one way or another.

Has everyone worked there issues out and if not, what issues are you having and is there a solution in sight? I make lot's of money now and do not want to get behind by issues.

If the laserpoint 24" cutter is not for me, what is the next best thing out there at a comparable price?

Thank you

Well, this is a support forum, so you will see pages of requests for support, yes.

The LaserPoint does not have an optical eye that automatically reads registration marks, like on a GraphTec or Roland, but they do have the laser used for aligning with registration marks on pre-printed material.

Decent unit for the money, that will contour cut thing you print with the wide format unit.

:thumbsup:I bought a leaserpoint 24 in Jan.09 had a few ajustments to make but has been right on the money.working great.i donot think you would regreat buying one.

I imagine the software helps out while trying to contour cut? I have been eyeballing mine and never get a perfect cut.

What are your thoughts?

The included software is required for contour cutting with this unit. There are step by step instructions on this forum as well.

I own a CoPam 2500 and a Laser Point 24. By reading the instructions and some of the hints on this forum I have had Zero issues. IMHO, Most problems/issues are caused by impatience and refusal to read the literature.

The staff at USCutter has always been helpful and their customer service for ordering product is second to none.

I use contour cut only for solvent large format printouts and work with a PCUT 24" with laserpointer (laser sends only a beam).

I use SignCut X2 for this, as this to my knowledge is the only simple option to contour cut straigth from Corel X4.

The laserpointer only aligns for the start of the right handside marking point and horizontal skew.

It does not compensate for crimp or enlarged printouts like solvent printouts are producing.

I have to manually set X/Y of the machine to compensate this.

If you are contour cutting many pieces a LASER DETECTION SYSTEM called ARMS or OPOS (laser send and receives) this might be a easier solution in the workflow.

Regards,

Paco

I know this post is a little late, but I beleve I needed to put in my .02  I was starting to worry because my 24" LP didnt need any adjusting whatsoever.... That made me start doubting myself.  Well, after owning mine for about 6 months now... I can say that this machine is simply amazing straight out of the box.  You dont have to worry about buying this machine..  It works GREAT !!!

I have a lp24 and must say it is a very good cutter.after setup runs like a champion....