SEA_TEC

Need to convert a hand drawing to a vector. (Corel Design X4 to SigncutX2)

Hello, I have scaned in a hand drawn pic in to X4 as a jpg. The other posts I have seen say to convert it to a bitmap. In X4 it does not give me the option to "convert to bitmap"

I want to convert this drawing to an .AI I can cut with signcutx2. Can someone give me the exact procedure to do this ? I am completely lost...

Thanks in advance,

Tim

This is the JPG I'm trying to convert

post-4521-12986534442549_thumb.jpg

post-4521-12986534459132_thumb.jpg

Ok, I see how to trace an image, but it isn't following the lines that are there... the tips of the flames eather have a single line trailing off from the tip, or the tip has what looks like gouges in it. not very pretty for something that will be cut...  Still confused

Depending on the quality of original image, it never comes out perfect, you'll need to clean up the extra nodes. You'll get it, remember the undo button if you make a mistake.

There has got to be an easyer way to do this....  I found the nodes when I highlite the whole picture....  but when I mouse over a node, click on it and try to move it, the whold picture moves.....

Guest stunad, jr.

There has got to be an easyer way to do this....  I found the nodes when I highlite the whole picture....  but when I mouse over a node, click on it and try to move it, the whold picture moves.....

after you trace the picture, you need to delete the bitmap beneath it.  select the image and click the shape tool, 2nd one down.  It will let you edit the nodes.  Hope helps.

Guest stunad, jr.

If you mean the check box "Delete original object, that is checked

No, It still leaves the bitmap under the vector. 

After you trace it, select the image and move it up.  You can see it will say "bitmap" on your status bar on the bottom.  Click the delete button. 

If it says "layer 1", that is your vector.  Dont delete that one. 

I am having good results with your image with "detailed logo" trace option.  From there you can tweak the trace controls to your liking. 

i don't see how to "move it up". in the before and after window, it won't move. once I click OK and it goes back to draw, I looked at object manager and it only says layer 1

NP... :rolleyes:

There are a couple spots in the flames that could be improved....If you got Corel it can easily be done in Photo Paint.