DescineModern

Unboxing the PCut 24" and cutting out Homer and Bart from the Simpsons...

I just got my PCut 24" today and I have to thank everyone for their advice here on the forum.

It was a breeze to setup but just perfecting the blade depth and pressure right now. So far so good...

I cut these images from Adobe Illy to SignCut-X2 using the trial license but I will probably get the license for it!

This has been a great experience... The images are pretty small. I'm going to be ordering some Oracal 631 24" soon and get busy!

Oh Ya - I'm using my MacBook as the computer to cut... Just FYI

I forgot to add - the fan noise can be heard but its not like SUPER loud and annoying.

Check out the video of the unboxing and my first cut!

post-4581-12986534384401_thumb.jpg

post-4581-12986534384805_thumb.jpg

post-4581-12986534406802_thumb.jpg

post-4581-12986534407066_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup:;D

One thing though - the holder for the blade and pen - it kinda broke but i can still screw it in. But if I screw it in too far then it wont go up and down. But if I dont screw it tight then it wont' hold. Not a big deal but is there a fix?

Could you post a photo of the borken part?

Here is the photo! Thanks Ken!

If I screw it tight enough to hold - it presses against the PCUT cover.. Can I remove that?

post-4581-12986534353913_thumb.jpg

post-4581-1298653436058_thumb.jpg

Yea, as a temp fix- just remove the carriage casing.

This is a new style carriage arm, so the part is no longer easy to replace- something we are discussing with the manufacturer.

Yea, as a temp fix- just remove the carriage casing.

This is a new style carriage arm, so the part is no longer easy to replace- something we are discussing with the manufacturer.

Ya it's pretty tight with the Blade Holder but loose with the Pen Holder. If they cut the screw down length wise it would work... but the screw is too long. Thanks for all your help! this small kink is not going to ruin my fun! haha

Cheers!

I went through an hour trying to figure out why it wouldn't go up and down, when I first got mine. Saw the screw was hitting the casing, and looked around for a washer to put on the screw head size. I found a piece of K'NEX and had no problems since. Ha Ha

I went through an hour trying to figure out why it wouldn't go up and down, when I first got mine. Saw the screw was hitting the casing, and looked around for a washer to put on the screw head size. I found a piece of K'NEX and had no problems since. Ha Ha

Thanks for the tip! I actually kinda pulled the PCut cover out so it still covers but it allows for the screw to go all the way in...  :thumbsup:

I still remember how excited I was when I got my cutter. I have been addicted since the first cut.