Sign in to follow this  
sarconastic

Laserpoint Took off like a shot to the left.

I am finally getting into what stuff I am going to be cutting, so i sent about 5 medium size graphics to the machine, all averaged about 5x5 nothing very intense as far as detail. I just imported them into SB and arranged for best space saving.

It started cutting and got about 3/4 through cutting them all, with the knife down it shoots across the whole sheet at an angle to the left side until it hits the Red limit switch. Not sure what happened here. SB was still in the process of sending the vectors. I shut the machine off, I manually moved the carriage off the stop then I flipped the power back on. I manually jogged it to the right, forgot to set the home position, when I pressed online, it shot to the left. I then noticed the home position had been changed to -27000 +.

Could this be a static problem? The machine is grounded through the plug of course, How is everyone else grounding their machines. Just tying into a screw on the stand or base of cutter?

I re-cut several of the same graphics I had just done and they went fine the second time. I haven't looked to see if any of them have too many jagged points yet but I will tonight when I get home. But all of them are just standard eps files. I did import them too.

My setup is Win XP SP3, USB to serial adapter cable, cut speed was 50, pressure 90, offset .25

Thanks

kevin

Pressure should be at least 120 or higher.

Do not use any Save Space features with SignBlazer.

Static can definitely be a culprit. If the graphic isn't too big, you can run a sheet of Bounce or something gently over the vinyl prior to cutting.

I had that same problem happen with my Copam and SBE.  Once I switched to using Flexistarter, I never saw that problem again.  It's possible that it may be a setting in SBE causing that to happen.  I was never able to figure it out myself.

I was planning on switching over to Signcut X2 but Uscutter has not sent me my registration code for it yet. I'll keep waiting.

I am also gonna try the dryer sheet thing, seems like a lot of people on here use it.

Dryer sheet is a PITA, but it worked for some 24"x96" graphics I was having problems with.  I put a wire between the screw holding the stand to the cutter and one of the screws in the center of the bottom of the cutter near the fan and it has noticeably less static buildup.

I am gonna try using a Dryer ground wire. They are about 4 feet long, green wire with eye connectors on both ends. I'm going to run from the screw you suggested to the screw that holds the cover on the receptacle, that is directly connected to the ground circuit of the house. Hopefully that will work. It was much less static build up last night but we got some rain.

Follow up on this thread:

I installed a wire from the Screw on the bottom of the unit holding the fan, to a screw on the base and the static problem all but went away. Haven't got zapped once since I did that.

I checked my cutter last night and all the screws on the stand and bottom of the machine are grounded to the ground plug.  I was having static problems with large graphics again (more freaking wasted vinyl...)

I connected a wire between the screw holding the cutter to the base and then wrapped the other end around the end of one of the rollers, seemed to help, but I wasn't going to waste more vinyl to check it.

I sent a series of 6 graphics to be cut tonight. and it got all the way through 5 of them, cut part of the 6th and stopped again. So I reset on the very next row on the vinyl, sent only 5 this time. it cut all five completely. Reset again sent 6, stop part way into the 6th one. It's almost like a memory problem. This was only a 3 x6 oval with some text in it.

And I was in Sign blazer this time too. I haven't had a chance to try this with signcut yet. I only have weed each one set , no all weed, or easy weed, no space saving stuff. It's kind of annoying.

I am going to try the same test tonight in signcut and see what that does. One big difference I noticed in signcut was the ability to pause sending from the cut interface. maybe that's how I need to do it. Send until it reaches four. then pause until the cutter catches up. Not sure. You'd think there would be some kind of spooling option that would send as needed like a printer. I saw signblazer has that 'Cut Manager' option, but it doesn't work right on my PC..

I sent a series of 6 graphics to be cut tonight. and it got all the way through 5 of them, cut part of the 6th and stopped again. So I reset on the very next row on the vinyl, sent only 5 this time. it cut all five completely. Reset again sent 6, stop part way into the 6th one. It's almost like a memory problem. This was only a 3 x6 oval with some text in it.

And I was in Sign blazer this time too. I haven't had a chance to try this with signcut yet. I only have weed each one set , no all weed, or easy weed, no space saving stuff. It's kind of annoying.

Disable the weed options before cutting if they are enabled.

is the memory upgradeable on these Ken? I had it set to pause after each tile in the sign blazer cut box, but it never pauses. i figured that would give it time to catch up.

is the memory upgradeable on these Ken? I had it set to pause after each tile in the sign blazer cut box, but it never pauses. i figured that would give it time to catch up.

Not at this time, so for these Chinese import units, go easy on the buffer memory by disabling weed options, and making sure your larger files have been cleaned up as good as possible, with the least amount of nodes as possible.