jtolley75

Would someone be willing to try this?

I just received my LP 24 and I am trying to letter my microsprint race car with the MSP logo below.  I have my numbers and other decals that I created in Sign Blazer but I can't get the whole vectorization thing down.  Unfortunately it is a PDF and I am not sure how to work with a PDF as I only have access to Sign Blazer and Inkscape.  I tried importing into Inkscape and saving as an eps but I lost most of the image content.  If you are able to help out, perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing how you did it, the whole teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime theory.  Thanks in advance.

MSP Logo.pdf

MSP Logo.pdf

Here it is, I used Vector Magic to do it.

Did you take out all the "extra" lines VM puts in the image?

Here it is, I used Vector Magic to do it.

Did you take out all the "extra" lines VM puts in the image?

no

Here's the image converted over using Vector Magic, and Flexi(to remove all the extra stuff VM adds to multi-layered images), but for some reason you probably will not be able to open it in SBE... I haven't figured that one out yet.

clipboard.eps

clipboard.eps

Thank you all for your help.  Since I am officially listed as a Newby, I have a Newby question.  I have read a lot of posts on here about vectorizing and at this point I have to read them over and over to let everything soak in but it just doesn't.  The vectorized eps files will import into SBE, correct? Do EPS files contain the paths that the cutter will cut or do i still have to vectorize them in SBE?

Guest fivestar

Yes when vectorized they contain the paths the cutter sees to cut.  So no you don't have to do anything else to it unless it would have multiple layers that would cause the cutter to cut more then once.

I am trying to cut out the different objects to create a layered decal for the side of the car, will all of the different colors/layers that are in the logo be independent of each other?  I would like to make the motorcycle safety program text into a two color text, will I be able to place a border around the individual letters to get my two layers?

Reply to post #7

SBE will open AI format files.

Separate the outline from the lettering or graphics-cut separately using registration marks.

Should work fine.

mark-s

I've been working with the SignBlazer included with my PCUT for about 6 mos now and am just getting to the point you are at. I have tried importing eps files and SB asks if you want to do the full read or just the SB scan of the eps. Either way the image turns out weird looking, lots of extra lines and crap.

I know this is prob the wrong section to be asking but I guess I was just curious if this is a SignBlazer fault or something in the eps file...  :thumbsup:

I don't have much in the way of image editing softare, and most of the stuff I've done up til now was actually traced in AutoCAD and converted to an image file, then vectorized from there.

I imagine I'm missing a step somewhere there that could be saving me some clean up time...  ;D

Thanks

- Oh and that text appears to be a 'Serpentine' variant if you are looking to match it...

Any tracing program-when a jpg or bitmap is traced there will be node editing

to be done, if you want a professional look to your graphic.

Some people trace it cut it no matter what it looks like.

And yes the font is serpentine.

mark-s

Hey Mark-s,

Your trace seems to be the easiest for me to work with but there are some spelling issues that I need to fix.  Would you mind replacing the text and re-posting or send me the font that you used and I will fix what I have?  I can't find a font that matches as well as yours does.  Thanks.