Sign in to follow this  
tlzimmerman

Vinyl Slashing - RESOLVED

Ok all.  Some of you may have read some threads about my vinyl slashing.  Well long story short..I found out that the plug on the machine for the power cord was cracked.  When I was grounding the machine I felt voltage come through my hand at one point to the ground...yikes.  Opened a support ticket, ken sent me out a new power plug quickly.  Popped the side of the machine off and re soldered the new plug into the machine, also using a different power cord (spare off of old servers from work).  Long story short, no more crazy shocks by my ground, and the slashing has completely stopped.  Just did an order of 40 decals, and two 8 foot runs for a van....no problems.  Before it would have ruined at least 15 of those 40 decals by the time I was done by randomly slashing across the vinyl.

Ken, glad it was resolved so quickly.  Thank you for sending the part free of charge so fast (got here in like 3 days I think...maybe 4 tops).  Ken also offered to replace the power supply of the unit if this didn't fix it.  While I had things apart I checked the voltages on the power supply and all were spot on, so that shouldn't be neccessary.

So long story short in my opinion.....if you buy a refine its not out of the realm of possibility you will have a problem at some point.  The key is not to fly off the handle.....come at it with a level head and ask uscutter for help!  At least in my experience they will stand by these cutters.  Color me a happy customer with my experience.  I am actually happier I bought the refine after it has broke than I was before....because I am sure if I encounter other issues they will be there!

I think I am going to start putting some of the money from these jobs in a piggy bank though....you guys have graphtechs on your site that are calling my name!  I will keep my refine though for backup and simple jobs.....for what it costs its an incredible machine.  It just keeps paying for itself over and over......

Guest fivestar

Glad to see you got your problem solved.  Yes these refines are quite the machines for the price.  I did one job with mine that made enough to buy me a new Graphtec (that I just ordered). 

My refine will be used as a road show/backup machine.

GREEEEEEN with envy.

But thats better than being happy and "in the red" money wise.  I will get there.  Word gets around each and every day about my work, and it just keeps growing!  My refine works just fine until I get my vinyl color collection finished and have the money for that graphtech.

Glad to hear the power plug was causing the slashing issue, and it was an easy resolution.

;D

:thumbsup:

the way UPS and FEDEX toss things around I'm surprised that we don't see more of this. I can hear my packages hit the porch from 50 feet away and downstairs.

Glad it was something simple.