Popeye

Clueless Newbie (for the moment)

I recently purchased a Pcut 25?, haven?t received it yet but I figured I?d get a leg-up and do a little research. I was pleasantly surprised to find this great support forum and spent a couple days reading as much as I can (still reading).

I?m fairly well versed in CAD, CNC and some graphics software so I?m hoping the learning curve won?t be to steep. I primarily bought the machine for a plotter and stencil cutter. My hope is to be able to plot a drawing on a piece of 100lb paper and then switch to a blade and have it cut out the drawing. If anyone has suggestions or ideas on this I?m all ears.

A couple of questions (of course)

Is there a manual for the Pcut I can download?

Same thing on the SignBlazer

After reading some of the posts I think I?d like to try a few signs as well? Is there an idiots guide to Vinyl online? I?d like to order some material but don?t have a clue?

I would also like to try engraving with this machine.. any pitfalls there?

Lastly, one of the biggest reasons I decided on a US Cutter is because I asked a few questions before I purchased the machine. Ken quickly answered my questions? responsive support is everything, it was an easy decision  :)

Thanks!

there are several videos on YouTube on vinyl cutting and applications. Just do a search and some wil come up. I started in the business with no help,no support,and figured it out,it's not hard but you learn from your mistakes.

You will get a manual. for the pcut as well as Signblazer with the machine. Both are on the CD I think. The hardest part will be getting the computer to communicate with the cutter but if you are very diligent about following the instructions,you shouldn't have a problem. My brother is an newbee too and had his up and running pretty fast,after I pointed out to him that he skipped a step.

Good luck!