Sign in to follow this  
Godissewgood

having trouble with cutting completely

I purchased my US Cutter on November 24, 2008. Was so busy didn't even get it out of the box until late December or January.

Had never used a cutter  before, finally got it going and somewhat figured out how to cut and cut out a few really cool items.

I had a problem with the cutter cutting through the vinyl and the backing, had to stop it in the middle of the design and it hasn't cut right since. It will cut the right side of the design and not cut all of the letters completely through. It outlines and if I am really careful I can finish them with an Exact-O knife. It was doing great. I have tried new blades, changing the length of the blade. It cut great at first. Is there any suggestions to get this cutter cutting great again.  I also went from a small force setting to almost the highest to cut the same vinyl.

I have the US Cutter MH721, 24-25" I was using USB but it acted up to much went to I think the serial port (comm), still using Signblazer trial software and am using a windows XP  operating system. The vinyl I need to cut is t-shirt vinyl, Stahls, ThermaGrip, this is a heavier vinyl started out using 90-100 force to cut this vinyl, now I am using 380-400 to cut it. Any ideas? Baseball and Softball season is coming up and I had hoped to use this alot this year.

I'd appreciate any help I can get for this.

Thanks so much Alicia

After reading through the other peoples questions and watching it run, it was not on track. I got it on track and of course it is much better. I did still have alittle problem with it not cutting all the way through on a couple of letters but it was much better. I also found out the blade was in the wrong spot.  It is picking up some of the vinyl as it cuts and missing some spots on a few letters. Any suggetsions?

Thanks so much for your help,

Alicia