Sign in to follow this  
tom308

Great Stencil Materials.......

If anybody is in need of stencil materials for electronic cutters, a great source can be found at www.breninc.com for a variety of materials.  For everything from glass etching and paint masking to stencils for facility marking or around the house.  I think they'll even send you samples to try.

Tom

Good information.  Thanks.  I ordered some Non-Adhesive backed stencil - and it worked pretty well.  I needed non-adhesive, and was having a hard time finding it.  Thanks again.

The only problem I have, is that the cutter blade tends to scratch across the stencil when not cutting.  I don't have this problem when cutting vinyl...so I'm not sure whats going on with that.

The only problem I have, is that the cutter blade tends to scratch across the stencil when not cutting.  I don't have this problem when cutting vinyl...so I'm not sure whats going on with that.

Stencil Material is thicker.........

Ok.  I can live with that.  Only my customers don't like the look of the scratches. 

Any suggestions?  The only thing I can think to try is adjusting my blade.  Maybe it's sticking out too far.  I'll try that tomorrow and see if it resolves anything.

Your blade should only be out the thickness of a credit card below the adjustment cap. But even with vinyl, you only have about 1/16" between the cap and the vinyl, so it's probably going to drag on the stencil paper. You might however get away with clamping the blade holder a little higher in the clamp.

kevin