Sign in to follow this  
blades

Cut order of .DXF geometry

I created a logo of custom block letters in AutoCAD, saved it as a .DXF file, and opened it in SB. It imported fine and looks perfect on the screen, but it prints/cuts out in random segments instead of one complete letter profile at a time. It seems to cut it in the same order they were created in AutoCAD, doing all the outer letter radii last, just as I created it. This is very undesirable for cutting. How can I get it to cut one complete letter profile at a time? Thank you for any help!

You can change how it cuts

while in the cut screen click on setup

dont forget to save before exiting

hope it helps

Make sure you pedit the objects together in AutoCAD before exporting.

Make sure you pedit the objects together in AutoCAD before exporting.

Pedit - Join - select the plines

The PEDIT trick worked, thanks guys. I originally created all closed polylines to prove out perfect geometry, but I exploded it before exporting because I've had issues with exporting closed polylines in other programs. No issues with SB though. I'm somewhat embarrased that I didn't think of that, having been an AutoCAD guru some years ago. Thanks again!

So. blades, where can one find a novice level tutorial for AutoCAD? I have come across a version and would like to learn it. Once upon a time, long ago, I took a couple of CAD classes in college. But they were in Versa CAD. Short of going back to school, are there any resources online that you know about?

Charlie

Thanks. I have managed to get my hands on a copy of AutoCAD 2009, but the learning curve is a bit steep for someone who is a couple decades past school.

Charlie