Leonard

Please critique my website

Hello all, some of my products were created with the Laserpoint 24 and its contour cut feature. The "oneway" tote bag design  was created with the LP 24 contour cut feature using opaque heat transfers. The "Obama" t-shirts were created with LP 24, 120 on the pressure, thermo flex plus, 100% cotton. (www.artbyleonard.com).

Thanks.

Guest kenya

Leonard, your website is great !!!

Love how it's laid out. Your work is awesome also  :thumbsup:.

Art,

The site looks clean and well arranged. I dabble around with a little web design and hosting myself (have been learning for the last dozen or so years - I own several domains and webmaster three others for local businesses and my union hall). I took a look at the source code of you homepage. I noticed one glaring issue - you apparently used a website creation program. This is not a big deal, except that it inserted code advertising itself into the header of your page. The following lines are what are primarily used for your site to get indexed by search engines (I copied them from your source code):

<meta name="Keywords" content="Web Easy, Avanquest">

<meta name="Description" content="This web site has been created with technology from Avanquest Software.">

At a minimum, you need to edit these lines to remove the advertising for Avanquest and insert relevant information for your website. The "keyword" tag is a list (separated by semicolons) of the search terms your page should be indexed under. The "description" tag should contain the short blurb that a search engine will display after someone has searched - on the results page of the search engine. You need to think out your keywords and try to incorporate them into your description as well. Many search engines look at the keywords listed - then the description - then actually scan the page to ensure that all three are actually representative of each other.

I like the layout and design of your site. But you need to correct the above coding to help get it listed better in the search engines.

Charlie

Leonard,

I agree with Chuck on source code.  In addition to what he mentioned, in the header section I would also change the "title" section.  Remove the home and put in Art by Leonard.  The title is what is saved if anyone saves your site to favorites.  Just makes it easier for them to remember why they saved it  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your input. I will make the changes that were recommended.

Leonard.