Sign in to follow this  
bruceking66

Circles are not ROUND!

I have tried many Offset settings. Always the same result, circles are more like ovals.

I am using this to cut templates to make rhinestone shirts. I need to make desgins with circels for 2mm to 5mm in size.

Already made several this way with a little tiny cutter I had, and now this BIG MH-871 can't do it.

I think it has to be the SignBlazer software, I make my images in corel, i get ovals.

I made the desings in SignBlazer, I still get ovals....

I'd rather just cut form corel, but seeks like that thread is dead here. And, I have searched for hours in the forums.

No one else is asking this question.

I'd guess you need to adjust the pressure on your pinch rollers.

i would open it up and make sure the feed roller drive belt is properly tensioned.

bb

Bruce,I think  it is a software issue, and conversion from one program to another,

I find my circles to stay the most complete, if creating and cutting in one program,

anything i export and import in signblazer gets distorted to ovals. which we know suck for templates.

I suggest getting a Stone cutting software to keep the circles complete .

Sandy jo

MMM

Bruce,I think  it is a software issue, and conversion from one program to another,

I find my circles to stay the most complete, if creating and cutting in one program,

anything i export and import in signblazer gets distorted to ovals. which we know suck for templates.

I suggest getting a Stone cutting software to keep the circles complete .

Sandy jo

MMM

i had a distortion problem that all of the software adjustment would not fix. when i removed the end cover on my plotter, i found the material feed roller drive belt quite loose. tightening this belt cured my "distortion" problem. maybe it could help the op also.

bb

I think you are correct, I don't think it's the software. Because even when I make some test circles in SignBlazer I still have the same issue. However, could you be more specific as to which end to take apart or better yet a few photos....

This is really the ONLY thing I am doing. That is cutting circles for rhinestone templates. I've been just living with making them larger than they need to be, but I really hate the inconsistency. It almost seems like its the opposite problem, like its too tight or something.

Look forward to you're reply and thanks for the HELP!

I think you are correct, I don't think it's the software. Because even when I make some test circles in SignBlazer I still have the same issue. However, could you be more specific as to which end to take apart or better yet a few photos....

This is really the ONLY thing I am doing. That is cutting circles for rhinestone templates. I've been just living with making them larger than they need to be, but I really hate the inconsistency. It almost seems like its the opposite problem, like its too tight or something.

Look forward to you're reply and thanks for the HELP!

sorry i did not get any pics when i had mine apart. if you are looking at your cutter with it facing you, the cover to your left is the one to remove.

bb

I was sure to make some different sized circles in SignBlazer and imported for Corel...No Difference....SignBlazer circles are just as bad.

So, definitely not the design being imported...

I have the US Cutter MH-871.  I adjusted the horizontal belt, but didnt pay much attention to the small belt I assume was for the rollers.

I'll have to open her back up tomorrow and see if there is adjustment screw there as well. (Too late tonite, everyone asleep already)

I will defintely look a little closer at the Axis thing and get my plotting pen out. However, on previous test cuts, Squares seemed to be on the money. Just these GD circles...Circles are my LIFE.

By the way, here is what I do with them..  www.CharmedOneDesigns.com

Be back on tomorrow, thanks for all the replies...Bruce

Maybe a dumb question but are you sure your circles are round? When you draw them in SB are the height and width dimensions the same in the size boxes?

Yes, hey good to check everything!

I put in my pen plotter and drew a box, measures EXACTLY right!

Then I make circles with the pen, they are NOT round? I'm stuck Any other ideas???

i am not sure what is going on, sorry

MMM

Can you show us pictures of what its doing?  I do know that you need to have your offset perfect or pretty close to to have a 2mm circle come out perfect, 5 should be easier.

If you cut a big 6" circle is it the same, or is it just the tiny ones?

THe larger ones do look better, but I measure and they are still off a little.

Its just harder to tell on the big ones. But, the small ones, you can easily tell.

Posting pic...

Notice how on the bottom side of this cupcake image the circles are larger than the candle on the top. They are all the same size in the original image.

You can check if it's 1 either the axis setting or if it is the Rollers slipping by doing the test that was in the other post I directed you to. This will at least eliminate those items.

Cut the 1" x 20" boxes One at each end of the cutter going in both directions Long ways like the roll is and across the machine length wise. Measure these boxes comparatively. They should both be 20" on X and Y, but also check to see that they both measure 1" at both ends.

if one end measures 1" and the other end is off, then the rollers are slipping. (tracking issue)

If they both measure 1" right on the that axis is ok. (not a tracking issue)

If they don't measure 1" right on you have an axis adjustment problem. (adjust the appropriate axis to get them on.)

One thing you don't mention is which direction you are cutting those images in. If you always cutting the same direction, like the long way of the cut is in the direction the roll feeds, have you tried orienting the page to cut the other way? In sign blazer that is as simple as clicking the "Rotate across Vinyl" check box in the cut window.

If the ovals are off in the opposite direction then you have an axis problem for sure. If they are the same, then it's got me stumped.

Eventually we have to eliminate everything till we find the problem.

Kevin

Ok, first of all I want to thank you and everyone for attempting to help me.....

I did the above test on both ends and it measures fine both ways on both ends...

What could it be now?

I still think its your offset and maybe higher expectations than the machine is capable of.  a 2mm perfect circle is difficult to pull off, and your offset must be perfect to do it or its not going to be perfectly round, it.

I would make a graphic starting from a 1mm then 2 mm then 3mm all the way up to 15 or 20 mm, then start your offset at like .1 and just go up by .025 mm and do a bunch of test cuts and label them, then get out your calipers or whatever you are using and find the offset that gives you the best cut.

Well, I guess the verdict is in. This machine SUCKS for the detail I am looking for.

Which, I didn't think was that much. Sad to say, that my previous LIL GAY cutter was BETTER than this one.

It cut perfect circles EVERYTIME, there seems to be nothing else I can do.!!

Hard to believe, that I bought this, HOPING for the same results as a inferior machine but with slightly more downgrade pressure!!!

All, yes ALL of my other templates made by gay lil Klic N Kut are FAR SUPERIOR to what I have now.

Thats, just unbelieveably ridiculous! I wasted my MONEY!

**** all this OFFSet, Ihave tried it ALL!

eXCUSE ME FOR THE NEGATIVE ATTITUDE, but FACTS IS FACTS!

I appreciate all the help, But it doesn't seem to matter.

I'm just so disappointed that this machine, IS inferior to a KNK machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sold that KNK machine, so I am stuck with this piece of CRAP!

EDIT BY FIVESTAR I know you're upset but please try to watch the language.