gagray1

My first shirt!

Actually there were 4, messed up 1  :D

But it was a learning curve and even though I lost money on this one, at least I gain the knowledge for next time  B)

Bowling_shirt.jpg

Nice job!

I can't stand when I mess up heat applied vinyl....and I still have to double check that I hit, 'mirror'  :D

LOL if only not reversing the image was my only mistake, I could handle that, but...

Forgot to reverse, wasted 1 yard of white.  Turned around and wasted 1 yard red (again forgot to reverse).  Wasted 1 shirt (white refused to stick for some strange reason.  Took longer than expected, but I contribute that to the mistakes.  So now I have a sign on my cutter  Warning:  Does the image require reversing?  :D

lol...that's funny...I have index cards in a couple places to remind me and yet I still have made mistakes...oh well...live and learn!  :D

Been there, done that (forgetting to reverse)...But I am cured.

Great use of 2 colors!

Yes it is heat pressed vinyl, I used Spectra Cut from Imprintableswarehouse (white and red, since shirt was black the black is just cut out), my uscutter, and corel X4 with SignCut X2.  Just completed 40 St Patty Day shirt for the same bowling center  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Yes it is heat pressed vinyl, I used Spectra Cut from Imprintableswarehouse

OMG......There's ppl that actually use that junk ass stuff?  Do yourself a favor and get some multicut, thermoflex or Easyweed.  Unless they changed that junk ass stuff, it is the worst heatpress material I have ever used BY FAR.

:thumbsup: Yup my calculations were correct that it only took Fivestar less than a day to sniff out this post. LOL, thx for the smile

OMG......There's ppl that actually use that junk ass stuff?  Do yourself a favor and get some multicut, thermoflex or Easyweed.  Unless they changed that junk ass stuff, it is the worst heatpress material I have ever used BY FAR.

LOL hey it was cheap and not knowing what I was doing it worked for now.  I have ordered EZWeed and we will see how it compares.  I have two versions of the Spectra material... one is like cutting 70 mil vinyl and the other is like 2 mils.  There is a big difference in the two different types... but hey the first 8 shirts paid for it all  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Spectra Eco is my fav :thumbsup:

Spectra Eco and Spectra Cut II are 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT types.  Eco is Easyweed is incognito.  ;D ;D ;D

I just got some samples of Spectra Eco and Spectra Cut II that I will be testing out.  I will let you know how it turns out.

I just got some samples of Spectra Eco and Spectra Cut II that I will be testing out.  I will let you know how it turns out.

I bought the specta cutII from imprintables cuz it was 20 in and cheaper as a first purchase. Its so hard to get the backing to release from the vinyl after pressed. After trying the Fibron ,,,, Ill never buy it again. If the Fibron is the same as Thermoflex Ill probably buy that next time. Spectra cut doesnt have the sticky backing like Fibron, This backing makes it so easy to align your graphic , & not worry if it will move when you close your press.

I bought the specta cutII from imprintables cuz it was 20 in and cheaper as a first purchase. Its so hard to get the backing to release from the vinyl after pressed. After trying the Fibron ,,,, Ill never buy it again. If the Fibron is the same as Thermoflex Ill probably buy that next time. Spectra cut doesnt have the sticky backing like Fibron, This backing makes it so easy to align your graphic , & not worry if it will move when you close your press.

The Spectra Eco has the sticky backing, but will have to try Fibron.  I will eventually find one that I like and stick with it.  Seems that everyone has their own favorite, just whatever works for them.