Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey06

Avery Chrome

I got a new roll of Avery chrome yesterday and everything I cut some of the backing is sticking to the vinyl itself. Is this a user error? I'm cutting with not as much pressure as I do with 651. The cuts are clean, just the Vinyl is sticking.

I got a new roll of Avery chrome yesterday and everything I cut some of the backing is sticking to the vinyl itself. Is this a user error? I'm cutting with not as much pressure as I do with 651. The cuts are clean, just the Vinyl is sticking.

Yep, that's how Avery Chrome is. Even the Oracal 1mil thick gold chrome is a pain in the neck. Chrome is a pain period.

Thanks guys. So, how do I get it off??  :)

Fight it? :)

Here is what i tell customers. I will NOT do small work in chrome due to it being a pain in the you know what but it's ideal for bigger letters. I mostly don't even mention i can get it if the jobs small.

Thanks guys. So, how do I get it off??  :thumbsup:

Fight it? :thumbsup:

Here is what i tell customers. I will NOT do small work in chrome due to it being a pain in the you know what but it's ideal for bigger letters. I mostly don't even mention i can get it if the jobs small.

This was cut in a 34" L x 5" T letters. I made it RTA and shipped it off. Hopefully the customer can get it separated.

That should have been no problem. Did you weed it and then mask it or give it not weeded?

That should have been no problem. Did you weed it and then mask it or give it not weeded?

Weeded it, then masked it. Rolled up gently, stuck in a cube box and shipped it off. Hopefully he won't have any issues. I have got him a second one for free since I screwed up a letter in it.  :D