Sign in to follow this  
midwaste

Ebay "Power Heat Press"

Guest fivestar

I only recommend brand named presses.  I owned a "chinese made" press for over a year and it worked well until it burnt up, now I have a Mighty Press and there's no comparison between the 2.

I bought that, works good but...I don't think they know how to weld I already had a weld seam break. so for now I shoved a piece of wood under it so it stays flat for even heat pressure. I would recommend buying a brand name one as mentioned but if your tight on cash and can work around a few things...

my 2 cents

I just received one from the same seller on ebay.  Mine is the 15x15 model.  My unit would not turn on at first. I had to jiggle the on/off rocker switch in order to get the press to heat up.  The units for the temperature control are in Celsius.  I don't know how long it will last, but hopefully I can make enough money from this one so I can purchase a nicer one later. 

The one reason I bought a Hotronix 16x20 from UScutter.

Quality---Quality--- Quality

Buy it once and dont worry about it.

I spent the extra but don't have to go out and spend MORE later.

Just MHO.

Dave

Guest JogaShop

Hey Black and Joe

I also have the 15 x 15 power press but the pressure its uneven like at the top of the platten its alot tighter that the bottom part(closer to me) its there anything i can do make the pressure even? the knob dont have any marks that say medium or high or nothing so right now im playing it by ear

also the numbers to set up are not accurate like to have 174 on the screen i have to set the numbers on 162 to get that and i dont even know if thats accurate

what is your set temp for Thermoflex plus any other tips i should know to have this working properly?

Thanks!!!

...also the numbers to set up are not accurate like to have 174 on the screen i have to set the numbers on 162 to get that and i dont even know if thats accurate....

Many of the imports with digital control have correction capability from the front panel. This may entail holding a SET or similar button for several seconds to place the processor in correction mode, you would then use the arrow keys to adjust your calibration accordingly. Allow the press to warm for some time B4 correcting.

In spite of many not liking the import presses for one reason or another; mine keeps chugging away.

Guest JogaShop

thanks for the tip but could you give me a lil bit more specific directions on how to perform the correction please i need to get this taken care of asap

First determine how to enter into the calibration or correction mode (Manual would be useful for this). On the press I have one holds the SET key for aprox 7 sec, upon which time the temp display changes to C. Obviously prior to performing this step, one would have already measured and determined if the press was too warm or kool for the display setting. Again on my press, once the C is present, one then uses the up/dwn arrow keys to adjust the thermostat, hence one is recalibrating the sensing circuit. Once recalibration has been performed, I believe on my press one then taps the SET key again to return to normal display. It would be foolish to attempt this task without the use of a good thermometer, I prefer IR style. It's best to perform this task after the press has been on for quite some time to stabilize the platen temps.

Now there could also be a condition of inconsistent temps. As an example the last time you used it; the press was right on...but then the next time it wasn't...which could indicate a faulty thermostat or (this is the important part cause it's something you could correct) it could have a bad connection among the myrid of wires contained in the console. If you don't know what to look for I'm not going to coach you on that one cause you'd have no business being in there. If on the other hand you do know what you are looking for...then go for it.