biggin69

Is this a good deal?

I have a friend offering to sell me his equipment. Here is what he says about it: Hey guys I used to have a side business selling and making vinyl signs, banners, and graphics. Well with time being limited I have given it up. the plotter alone used will run you around $1200. plus I have a full computer system loaded with the software i use already. flexi sign pro 8.1v1 (there will be no original discs though. I dont have them) anyways I have about $700 worth of supplies to get you started as well. i have two rolls of silver 20 yrds, ea. one new one barley used. over half of a white roll and black roll ea.75yrds, and a partial roll of red. probabbly around 20yrds left several rolls of transfer tape and 2 vinyl "big squigee" application tools.

a full computer system with a 15" lcd flatscreen monitor, windows xp with service pack 2 a amd athlon xp 2500 1.83ghz processor and 80 gig, hard drive 1 gb ram and a radion 9800 xt 256mb video card.

I will let all this go for $1600 and i will pay the shipping and cover insurance.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

The flexi pro 8.1v1 is roughly $4,000(new).

I would inquire on what brand the cutter is.

What brand cutter is it? What brand vinyl is it? The computer is nothing special but will do the job for you. I am guessing that he has a pirated version of Flexi on there which will work for you but you will not have the disks to install when you upgrade the computer. Flexi Pro is $2500! :o

I would be most concerned about the brand of cutter, the size of the cutter and the brand of vinyl.

If you do buy it and don't want the big squeegee's I would be interested in buying them from you...

Here is some more info he sent me: it is the 24" roland cx-24. they are bulletproof. i would not suggest any other plotter in the world over the roland cx-24 except the gx-24 made by roland, which is this ones newer brother same plotter more buttons no difference. I live near tulsa oklahoma, I also have a new blade for it that isn;t listed as well. And i can send the flaexi sign cd with it but it is a copy you have to know how to make it work, but the computer already has it on it so unless the hard drive goes out or something you shouldn;t need it. I will also leave all the miscellaneous graphics I have on it.

Pirated software :o Does not sound like such a good deal now :o

+ 1 . New with USCutter warranty & service along with support from this forum is betterer  :o

Guest fivestar

Tell him you'll give him $600.00 because it isn't worth much more then that.  The computer system is worth about $100.00 and that's being generous, the cutter is about $500.00 or so.  The software is pirated so that's worth $0.00