Forko

Question about punched vinyl

Do you guys position the rollers over the punched holes or does that cause alignment problems?

Thanks

I position mine over the holes. I have never noticed any alignment problems.

Do you guys position the rollers over the punched holes or does that cause alignment problems?

Thanks

i always position the rollers on the vinyl. if you feel the surface of the backing paper is slippery. the hole are for machines that are tractor feed style, not friction feed style.

bb

Careful with that perf. vinyl.  Anyone who's taken their machine apart will know what I mean.  The holes don't always punch out completely.  Then they end up falling down inside your machine.  This has never caused me any mechanical problems, but it can't be a good thing.

The punched vinyl I have has the vinyl punched too..So I just put the rollers half way on the holes. If the liner was exposed, I would not!

OT funny story about chads (punch holes)...In our flexo plant, we run large sticker jobs that we provide punched...Needless to say, there ends up being chads EVERYWHERE! One guy at work that pranks ppl got some payback from us one day...We funneled an S-load of chads in he car vents and cranked the fans to full blast...At the end of the day he started the car, fans kicked on and confetti flew everywhere!!! We all watched and yell "Happy New Year" when it happened.

He said for years after he'd be driving with the air on and a random chad would float out every once and a while...

Excellent prank! :angel:  Now I know what to do with all the ones from inside my machine.  I've pulled a similar prank with baby powder, but it isn't a gift that keeps on giving.

I position my rollers just to the outside of the puched hole (covering the hole to the edge) so i get maximum use of my vinyl and if for some reason a bold letter cuts alittle farther than what the cut preview shows it will have the room, weird thing is i have had it cut a tiny bit larger than what the preview showed.. Especially when cutting outlines, shadows or heavy bold fonts. Never had any problems and i also use the elongated punches to line up my vinyl evenly on my machine, I just pick a part of the machine and put the edge of one hole equal to the other on the vinyl, not sure if thats the right way to do it or not but has always worked for me..

can you explain the reason for punched or unpunched vinyl? i have a GCC Jaguar IV. Not sure which i'd need. Thanks i'm new to all this lol :D

some/most Gerber vinyl cutters are sprocket feed, so those holes fit into a gear like on the vinyl cutter and feed the vinyl. Vinyl doesn't shift that way. Punched vinyl can be used on most regular vinyl cutters

Example below of a Gerber sprocket feed vinyl cutter. I see they have newer ones that are not sprocket.

http://www.gspinc.co...sp?contentID=54